Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Specs:
    White MacBook @ 2ghz, 1 gig of ram, 100GB HDD
    Is iWork good enough for word processing?
    Hey all,
    when I purchased my macbook I was unsure wether to go ahead and purchase iWork or go with MS Office Suite for the Mac. Therefore I decided to see how the initial 30 day trial period will be. Now one of my friends has MS Office Suite and he told me he would install it for me. Now my question is, is it necessary to do so, or would iWork be sufficient for my needs, which is typing papers for college, and personal writings?
    Thx
    My Avatar says it all.

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS

Specs:
    G4 Cube
    Why not just use OpenOffice? It's free. I think the OS X version is called NeoOffice.
    Mac Sites - down for reconstruction

For word-processing just use OpenOffice it will do the work or get office from Microsoft it will be only better.

High Wycombe, Just outside London, England
    Specs:
    20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz
    AFAIK MS Office is a one computer license only. Therfore if your friend has office and he installs it on your computer then he is breaking the terms of the license agreement.

Specs:
    MacBook
    Quote Originally Posted by Say_Cheese
    AFAIK MS Office is a one computer license only. Therfore if your friend has office and he installs it on your computer then he is breaking the terms of the license agreement.
    That is correct.
    I would suggest just using NeoOffice

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Specs:
    Mac Mini, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, Apple TV 4th Gen, Apple Watch (38mm Link Bracelet)
    I like Microsoft Office if I need to make documents that I can exchange with n00b windows users. I otherwise use PDF.

Pages just creates beautiful documents, and I love t make stuff with pages that people are actually going to see. Pages does a proper job with spacing out paragraphs but it's crap when you jsut want to jot something down.
    If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System by hitting the icon on the left.

Specs:
    17" iMac G5- 1.8Ghz - 1GB of Ram - AND - 17" Intel Core 2 Duo iMac - 2Ghz - 1GB of Ram
    when I used the 30 day trial of iWorks, I liked it. Pages is GREAT for making flyers or any advertisments that the public will see. It's quick and esay for stuff like that. If you are using it for just papers for school, I have come to the conclusion its probably best to use Word.

Specs:
    Mac Mini, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, Apple TV 4th Gen, Apple Watch (38mm Link Bracelet)
    Pages bothers too much with layout. I like that sometimes because I can impress the teachers. But it can be a hassle when your just making a list of things for someone, a booklist or so.
    If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System by hitting the icon on the left.

Specs:
    17" iMac G5- 1.8Ghz - 1GB of Ram - AND - 17" Intel Core 2 Duo iMac - 2Ghz - 1GB of Ram
    Quote Originally Posted by yogi
    Pages bothers too much with layout. I like that sometimes because I can impress the teachers. But it can be a hassle when your just making a list of things for someone, a booklist or so.

True.

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    For just jotting a few things down I just use Textedit. Simple and is fine for notes.

I really like Pages for work others are going to see like Yogi & Evolve already stated.

Specs:
    What about 'stickies' for a jot down? Unless you plan on sending the jotted down note via email, this is a good little program.

Specs:
    White MacBook @ 2ghz, 1 gig of ram, 100GB HDD
    Quote Originally Posted by Say_Cheese
    He has a version, according to him, where he is allowed to install it 3 times.
    My Avatar says it all.

Specs:
    MacBook
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBacchus
    The Student version allows two installs... iene installation on a Desktop and one on a Laptop. There is no version that I have ever seen or heard of that allows three or more.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Specs:
    20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBacchus
    It allows 3 installs per household. You're not technically allowed to pass it around to your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by D3v1L80Y
    The Student version allows two installs... iene installation on a Desktop and one on a Laptop. There is no version that I have ever seen or heard of that allows three or more.
    Nope, 3 installs. It's been like that as long as I've known about the Student and Teacher Edition.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...ntTeacherOffer

Thread Information