New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Some webssites take a long time to load or never load at all..

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

nemonicx

nemonicx is an unknown at this point

The websites I use to be able to access on XP take a long time to load on my new mac. Sites such as AnimeYume sometimes never even load. IGN.com wont even stream anything. I have tried both firefox and safari with the same results. Anyone know what I can do to fix this.
QUOTE Thanks
NikBhat

NikBhat is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemonicx
The websites I use to be able to access on XP take a long time to load on my new mac. Sites such as AnimeYume sometimes never even load. IGN.com wont even stream anything. I have tried both firefox and safari with the same results. Anyone know what I can do to fix this.
that is peculiar and I love IGN, wiht my mac on the way I would also be interested in a cure
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

I have no problems viewing those sites or streaming anything from them. Then again, I am using a PPC Mac and not an Intel Mac. Search the forums for help with videos and Intel Macs and you should find what you need to remedy this.
:black:

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

It might just be bad luck: the respective servers might be slow right now. Are you running any other apps that might consume bandwidth? If you are surfing wirelessly, are you far away from the sender?

Internet connections are usually the last thing macs have trouble with, and the last thing that should be any different from a pc.

If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System.
QUOTE Thanks
karudzo

karudzo has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM

If you're on a fast connection, try using Onyx or another program to disable Safari's cache. I always turn IPV6 to disabled/off as well.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Quick Question | It just works... not really. »