New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Where's the hash key?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mitcherooney

Mitcherooney will become famous soon enough

I have looked for it - honestly.....
Iwandered into address book and thought that it would be a good idea to customise (I'm against the use of 'z') the way phone numbers are displayed, fo which a hash is required. The only way taht I've found of getting one is to copy one fom the line above and then paste it! There must be an easier way. Am I missing something obvious? Cheers Mitcherooney :confused:
QUOTE Thanks
zeta101

zeta101 has a spectacular aura about

On a UK keyboard the has key (#) is 'option + 3'. Option is also known as alt.
QUOTE Thanks
MrJoshua

MrJoshua has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.0Ghz Core 2 Duo

#################

Yay!

(sorry for digging up this thread, but I couldn't find the hash key either!)

Cheers

Josh (UK)
Fairly Recent Switcher
QUOTE Thanks
RNDdave

RNDdave is a jewel in the roughRNDdave is a jewel in the roughRNDdave is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Alu MacBook | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | iPad2 (3G)

#

Huh - I hadn't realised it wasn't clearly visible until I saw this thread

Good find MrJoshua

Anyone know the key combo for the Apple logo?
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

??????

For my keyboard layout/language, it's ?*Option + Shift + 5.

?

:girl:

Darn! It didn't work in here, but it shows up great in my post window... :^(

Wait a minute!...
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

I had to input the HTML code to get that Apple Logo in the post (& # 63743; without the spaces) while others with their keyboard layout entered Option + Shift + 5... In this thread: What do you guys think about having an Apple smilie?
QUOTE Thanks
RNDdave

RNDdave is a jewel in the roughRNDdave is a jewel in the roughRNDdave is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Alu MacBook | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | iPad2 (3G)

 I just get a box using option + shift + k
fi = option+shift+5 what ever fi is supposed to mean..

Maybe it's becuase I removed some languages from OS X using delocalizer...

Thanks for link anyway - I knew I'd seen that somewhere

EDIT: Ah after looking a little further through the linked thread I see that the prob is indeed a firefox issue - confirmed by running safari - I see the apple in place of the box I see in Firefox.

If I could get Safari to handle RSS feeds the same way Firefox does - I'd consider the move - but because it seems incapable of usefully handling RSS feeds and I'd have to enter all those passwords again... I think I'm perhaps willing to miss out on the Apple logo whilst using FF.
QUOTE Thanks
iRye

iRye is just really niceiRye is just really niceiRye is just really niceiRye is just really nice
Mac Specs: PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac

Soon enough, Apple's name will be just i[Insert product name here]

Cheers to the new MacBook Pro!
QUOTE Thanks
cazabam

cazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD

If you use # more than £ and have a UK keyboard, just select the US keyboard layout. All the keys behave exactly the same except the 3 key, which switches to shift-3 for # and option-3 for £.
QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

Keyboard layouts were invented by a bunch of globalisation opponents.

If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System.
QUOTE Thanks
cazabam

cazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi View Post
Keyboard layouts were invented by a bunch of globalisation opponents.
Yeah, having people speak different languages and use different common characters ... the cads
QUOTE Thanks
dadsgravy

dadsgravy has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4

This is not the topic I thought it would be. I was sure my mac was going to be the dispenser of the sticky chronic. What a let down.:radioacti
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS IPad1

 That is Option+Shift+K so it works.
QUOTE Thanks
CrossBones

CrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of light

?????????.... I see it but it comes up like this ??????
QUOTE Thanks
Peakoverload

Peakoverload has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 3.1Ghz 16GB RAM, 1TB HD. iPhone 4.

LOL I've just found this problem as I was editing a style sheet for a website and just sat there for several minutes thinking "but it has to be here".

It does raise the question why Apple are releasing keyboards without this important symbol, which is used a lot in CSS and PHP not to mention other programming languages (key markets I would have thought for Apple products), even being mentioned on the keys. If the sign is shown on a UK keyboard as Alt+2 why isn't the # listed on Alt+3?

I really like the look and feel of the white Apple keyboard but I must admit that I'm thinking of replacing it with a more 'standard' one.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« is it possible to open iwork files.... | Just a real quick question ... »