Left Face Down
    Can you turn off Keychain?
    Alright, this new iMac has something about passwords it's just stupid. Anyways, so it tells me my Keychain password is the password for my user account but it's telling me it's the wrong password so I just want to stop it from popping up and yelling at me.

So how would I do that? Either that or how could I change the keychain password with out having the first password. We already had problems when we first got the computer which is why I bet this is happening. I had to go back and change the password to the account using the install cd because for some reason it forgot or jumbled or whatever my original password because after I entered it when registering the computer, well creating the accounts, it didn't like the password so I'm going to guess it wants the password it originally thought up but I don't know that one.

Anyways, it'd be nice to just turn this off because it's annoying me and my grandmother isn't going to use it, and so help me it would confuse her trying to explain it to her if it did work.

Thanks,
    -LFD

Specs:
    Mini C2D 2Ghz 8GB RAM, MB C2D 2.2Ghz, MBP CD 2Ghz, 1TB TC, 2 APX, iPhone 4, ATV2, 23in ACD x2
    Quote Originally Posted by Left Face Down
    Alright, this new iMac has something about passwords it's just stupid. Anyways, so it tells me my Keychain password is the password for my user account but it's telling me it's the wrong password so I just want to stop it from popping up and yelling at me.

So how would I do that? Either that or how could I change the keychain password with out having the first password. We already had problems when we first got the computer which is why I bet this is happening. I had to go back and change the password to the account using the install cd because for some reason it forgot or jumbled or whatever my original password because after I entered it when registering the computer, well creating the accounts, it didn't like the password so I'm going to guess it wants the password it originally thought up but I don't know that one.

Anyways, it'd be nice to just turn this off because it's annoying me and my grandmother isn't going to use it, and so help me it would confuse her trying to explain it to her if it did work.

Thanks,
    -LFD
    Have you tried Keychain First Aid?

Left Face Down
    Where is that? I can't seem to find it...

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPhone 3GS Note 8!

Left Face Down
    Ok, so what program do I need to open a ".bin" file because I double click and so it asks me. While we're at it, what would I use to open a ".sit" or "f.sit" file, not sure I believe it's the latter as I also need to know that for another program I wish to put on the computer that I downloaded.

With the KFAU it just says open the dmg file, but when it downloads it's "keychainFirstAidApp.dmg.bin".

Specs:
    Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
    The bin should just unpack when you double-click it.
    For sit files you'll need stuffit expander (stuffit.com - free).

Specs:
    Mini C2D 2Ghz 8GB RAM, MB C2D 2.2Ghz, MBP CD 2Ghz, 1TB TC, 2 APX, iPhone 4, ATV2, 23in ACD x2
    Ok, so what program do I need to open a ".bin" file because I double click and so it asks me. While we're at it, what would I use to open a ".sit" or "f.sit" file, not sure I believe it's the latter as I also need to know that for another program I wish to put on the computer that I downloaded.

With the KFAU it just says open the dmg file, but when it downloads it's "keychainFirstAidApp.dmg.bin".
    First you shouldnt need to download anything to for the first aid, it's built in 10.3 and 10.4. The command is under the Keychain Access menu in the Keychain Access utility located in your...you guessed it, Utilities folder. Unless of course you are running 10.1-10.2

Second this should help with file extensions.

And here is a direct link to the Stuffit download.

Left Face Down
    Ok, well when I pop up Keychain First Aid it gives me the option to verify and repair. I have to enter my Keychain password to do either, but when I typed in the password it accepted it! Closed out safari, turned it back on and Keychain popped up like usual and, as usual, told me that my password was incorrect.

P.S.- When I used keychain First Aid to verify, it said everything was fine.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
    Actually Keychain First Aid is built into Keychain, you don't need a separate download...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    schweb | community leader
    flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

Left Face Down
    Quote Originally Posted by schweb
    Actually Keychain First Aid is built into Keychain, you don't need a separate download...
    I found it but it says nothing is wrong.

Ok, well when I pop up Keychain First Aid it gives me the option to verify and repair. I have to enter my Keychain password to do either, but when I typed in the password it accepted it! Closed out safari, turned it back on and Keychain popped up like usual and, as usual, told me that my password was incorrect.

P.S.- When I used keychain First Aid to verify, it said everything was fine.

Specs:
    Have you considered finding a way to delete your current keychain and start over?

Left Face Down
    Quote Originally Posted by schweb
    Have you considered finding a way to delete your current keychain and start over?

I've actually been trying to find a way to do that. There was something when I popped up Keychain access that said it was for Safari so I deleted it, low and behold the next time I opened Safari it re-made it and it still didn't work.

Specs:
    I've actually been trying to find a way to do that. There was something when I popped up Keychain access that said it was for Safari so I deleted it, low and behold the next time I opened Safari it re-made it and it still didn't work.
    I think he meant the entire login keychain not just one item

Specs:
    Here's a thread from the Apple support forums, it might help:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread....hreadID=488624

Left Face Down
    Thanks, I deleted it with the reference files, I just deleted it before but not the reference files, and next time I popped up Safari it asked me if I wanted to set it to default. Said yes, and my login password works!

Thanks a lot!

Thread Information