free dvd burning software and stuff
    Greetings. Well, I've got my iMac. Smitten by the feel, looks and the functionality so far. Long way to go, I know. I've managed to capture some video footage from a dv camera, edited it and so forth and have saved the project. I would now like to burn it to a DVD so that all and sundry can be bored to tears with my bumbling around on holiday.
    I am not connected to the internet with the iMac, but my pc is. Can I simply download a package to my pc, copy it to dvd and stick it in my superdrive on the iMac and expect it to work? And can anyone please recommend a decent freebie, if there's such a thing. I've got guests coming next weekend and I don't want them to stay too long...heh heh heh. Cheers Mitcherooney :cool:

Specs:
    Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.11.1.
    I like BurnX Free a lot. It's user-friendly, and it lets you burn CDs and DVDs quite easily.
    "Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John Lennon.

Specs:
    Mini C2D 2Ghz 8GB RAM, MB C2D 2.2Ghz, MBP CD 2Ghz, 1TB TC, 2 APX, iPhone 4, ATV2, 23in ACD x2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitcherooney
    Greetings. Well, I've got my iMac. Smitten by the feel, looks and the functionality so far. Long way to go, I know. I've managed to capture some video footage from a dv camera, edited it and so forth and have saved the project. I would now like to burn it to a DVD so that all and sundry can be bored to tears with my bumbling around on holiday.
    I am not connected to the internet with the iMac, but my pc is. Can I simply download a package to my pc, copy it to dvd and stick it in my superdrive on the iMac and expect it to work? And can anyone please recommend a decent freebie, if there's such a thing. I've got guests coming next weekend and I don't want them to stay too long...heh heh heh. Cheers Mitcherooney :cool:
    What about iLife? iMovie and iDVD comes with every new Mac

Thread Information