chemchick
    Image Source w/o Right Click?
    Hi Everyone,

First things first, I am a brand-new MacBook owner and a first time Mac user.
    Secondly, I never realized how reliant I was on the PC's right-click feature!

Basically, I just want to be able to view the image source of images on the web. That's it. I want to look at a photo and then "right-click and copy" the source. How on earth do I do this?

I just finished reading http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/sho...ighlight=click and tried the two fingers on the pad + click and NOTHING happened with the picture (it does work when I want to open a link in a new window). I've also spent at least an hour googling various tutorials on the internet and have come up with nothing with regards to how to right+click "view source" pics on the internet using a MacBook. The best I've been able to do is control + click the image and DL it to my desktop but that really doesn't help me. Please help a PC-convert out!

Thanks in advance!
    -Chemchick

Specs:
    Macbook Pro: 15" screen, 2.0 MHz DuoCore, 80 Gig HD, 2G RAM
    Quote Originally Posted by chemchick
    Basically, I just want to be able to view the image source of images on the web. That's it. I want to look at a photo and then "right-click and copy" the source. How on earth do I do this?
    I assume that you want the photo properties not "view source" on the image because I am not sure what that it. If I am correct you should be able to get it from the control click menu just like a PC. I mean the control click is the same as the right click.

chemchick
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien
    I assume that you want the photo properties not "view source" on the image because I am not sure what that it. If I am correct you should be able to get it from the control click menu just like a PC. I mean the control click is the same as the right click.
    Thanks for the fast reply, Johnny Alien.

When I do control + click on the image it doesn't do anything. No menu pops up. I've even tried highlighting the image and then going to view source on the Safari tool bar and all that shows is the source of the entire webpage that the image is imbedded on (which makes it difficult to find the image source). When I do control + click on highlighted text all it does is copy it and when I do control + click on a link it automatically opens it in a new window rather than giving me options like on a PC. Is there a step that I'm missing?

chemchick
    Ugh, nevermind. My husband told me that the apple button is the mac equivalent to the control key. So I've been trying to right click using the apple and the click. No WONDER it's not working.

Can you tell what a Mac newbie I am? This is beyond embarrassing.

but again, thank you for taking the time out and answering my question.

Specs:
    Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
    Ugh, nevermind. My husband told me that the apple button is the mac equivalent to the control key. So I've been trying to right click using the apple and the click. No WONDER it's not working.

I was just gonna flame on you about reading the keys but your back in my good graces. :batman:

The home of the free and the land that did for Braveheart.
    Specs:
    24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
    I want to look at a photo and then "right-click and copy" the source. How on earth do I do this?
    If you want a copy of the photo (and it isn't embedded in Flash or similar) then just drag-and-drop it.

Amen-Moses

Specs:
    Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac

Don't feel too bad, I was the same way at first when I first got my Mac.

Specs:
    14" G4 iBook 512k, 60gb, 4 widgets.
    When I ctrl-click, I am given the choice of copying the image source, but not simply to view it as with Windows- any idea on how to do so? All I want to know is where an image is hosted.

Specs:
    iBook G4 OSX Tiger
    you could select Open Image in New Window/Tab and then look at the address bar. I am also getting an option to Copy Image Address which might be easier
    Attached Images Attached Images

Specs:
    20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
    also, if you want to be able to do the two fingers on the trackpad right click then you need to go into system preferences, then keyboard and mouse, and then somewhere in there you can turn it on.

Specs:
    MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
    You could try running Firefox rather than safari. The user interface is very similar, and the right click menu has 'properties' and 'view image' options as well as the copy image and copy image location. It is basically identical to Firefox on other platforms, so it may make migration easier?

Specs:
    BackMac Book 2Ghz Duo-Core, iMac G3(running Os X)
    ^using the two finger method on the track pad has made my transition infinately easier, assuimng you'r running a note book i suggest you learn how to use that feature

Thread Information