New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

2.0ghz black mb or 1.8ghzmbp?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bigky226

bigky226 is an unknown at this point

I have been looking at the new apple laptops and am considering buying one. i will prob be using it for making short family videos and other videos. i will prob not end up getting final cut hd but if i did would the macbook be able to handle it and how well? i also see apple now has 2.0ghz mbp out but i wont be able to afford those so i will prob end up getting a refurb mbp or one off ebay. are the 1.8mbp still good i see apple changed to 2.0ghz ones pretty quickley. any help would be great thanks :headphone
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

I would definantly rather have the MBP, it is just overall nicer. I really don't care if the MB is a little faster in some benchmarks, I like my VRAM.
QUOTE Thanks
bigky226

how do you like your mbp? any heat or fan whine problems?
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

Its hot but not so hot that it is an issue. There is a little whine to it, but if there is even the slightest ambient noise, I can't hear it.
QUOTE Thanks
benggg

Heat is an issue only when doing intensive tasks like iMovie. The whine isn't there most of the time, and when it is, I can barely hear it. other then those problems the Macbook Pros are awesome.
QUOTE Thanks
Mace

Mace will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 1.83 MBP

I love mine. It's my first mac and I couldn't be happier. It's a screamer and I've got the 1.83 with stock ram. Like mynameis said, intensive things produce heat, but as long as your MBP is able to release it's heat you won't really notice it. (i.e. sitting your laptop in your down comforter on your bed doesn't really help the fans out) All in all I don't think you can go wrong choosing ANY mac. And my 15in is very portable.
QUOTE Thanks
bigky226

mynameis how do u have a 2.0 ghz mbp with a 256mbv card in it i thought they didnt have those upgrades, just wondering.
QUOTE Thanks
bigky226

Thanks mace because this will be my first mac aswell im just trying to reasearch some more. im prob gonna upgrade the ram you find your stock fine?
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigky226
mynameis how do u have a 2.0 ghz mbp with a 256mbv card in it i thought they didnt have those upgrades, just wondering.

It is the old $2499 model, standard, no build to order options.
QUOTE Thanks
bigky226

gotcha
QUOTE Thanks
Game2954

Game2954 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2.16 GHZ C2D 120 MB HD Mac Mini Duo 2 GB ram

I am perfectly satisfied with my 1.83 MBP, the only thing I did was increase HD size (factory option) and bought an extra gig of ram.

Trying to reach nirvana one day at a time... :mac:
QUOTE Thanks
bigky226

so no problem with to much heat? good idea with ram
QUOTE Thanks
Game2954

Game2954 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2.16 GHZ C2D 120 MB HD Mac Mini Duo 2 GB ram

Umm well it does get warm, but that is only the bottom of the MBP, normally it is either on my desk (which is made glass) or on my floor.

Trying to reach nirvana one day at a time... :mac:
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Best iSync Compatible Cellphones? | how do i make a disk image? »