New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Boot Camp - Cd Rom Drive Stops Working In XP

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Blaiza

I just installed xp on my mac and sometimes, when i try to install software, my cd-rom drive stops working. It will read the disk at first but after about a minute i can hear the cd stop spinning and then it refuses to read the disk any longer. On top of that, when i try to eject the cd everything locks up and i have to reboot. i did manage to get a few things to install after a few retries, but this just wont do. I tried reloading the mac drivers, and reloading the cd-rom drivers(removed it from device manager and let xp find it again), neither worked. Im trying to find a solution to this that doesnt involve reinstalling xp.

Thanks In Advance For Any Suggestions.
QUOTE Thanks
eddiddiums

eddiddiums is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 15-inch: 2.66GHz

I haven not had that issue, but I did manage to kill my own XP install in just over 24 hours on my MacBook. I Just wiped out my Windows partition before reading this post

Tomorrow, I re-install and start over.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« DARWINE- Quad G5 | SATA 2 in G5 ?? »