New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Best iSync Compatible Cellphones?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TomyDingo

TomyDingo is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 20" 2.4 GHz iMac w/ 4GB RAM & 320GB HD

I'm getting a new cellphone at the end of June, just looking to see which ones you suggest that is compatible with iSync
QUOTE Thanks
zeta101

zeta101 has a spectacular aura about

Have a look here, particularly the table at the bottom, there are a few types of phones that support all four things, series 60 phones (nokia and panasonic), sendo phones, and the P series of sony Ericsson. Be aware that they all only sync via bluetooth (no USB cables) but really bluetooth is better for obvious reasons and looking at your specs you have bluetooth!

http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/isync/devices.html

Is there anything really specific that you want to be able to do besdies sync your contacts and ical (it can only sync one ical calendar as far as i can tell)?
QUOTE Thanks
TomyDingo

i kind of wanted to know which phones people suggested. perhaps from personal use.
QUOTE Thanks
tootallUK

tootallUK is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13.3 MacBook Air 1.7 i5 - also, Mac Mini and dead 12in iBook G4 (RIP)

Avoid the O2 XDA range like the plague...

not only do they NOT sync successfully with my Macs, despite my best efforts with two programmes which I have bought to do the job, but they are generally **** phones...

offer you the earth, deliver f**k all

I have had three handsets in a year because of chronic unreliability... my contract finishes next week.... can't WAIT to change to a Nokia that WORKS !!!

Where's the right-click button?
QUOTE Thanks
brendan67

brendan67 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.2 4gbram iPhone5

hi

sony ericsson phones work nicely on both my ibook and imacg5

i had the k700i and presently have the k750i which works seemlessly
via bluetooth

regards
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

Treo 650 works
QUOTE Thanks
zeta101

zeta101 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
i kind of wanted to know which phones people suggested. perhaps from personal use.
In that case, I use a Nokia N70 (a series 60 phone) and it works like a charm, calendar+tasks, contacts (with photos) syncing and file transfers work great. The site I mentioned really is a good reference though, it's the official devices supported by iSync out-of-the-box (you can add support for some other phones with 3rd party applications I think, but I'm guessing you want it to just work with no hassel).

Let us know what you pick!
QUOTE Thanks
Turbo

Turbo is on a distinguished road

Nice question. I need a phone that syncs out of the box and also has a keypad. I don't care for email and such on my phone, I just like a keypad, it is much easier for text messages.
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo
Nice question. I need a phone that syncs out of the box and also has a keypad. I don't care for email and such on my phone, I just like a keypad, it is much easier for text messages.
Treo 650
QUOTE Thanks
TomyDingo

Anyone have the Motorola SLVR L7?
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

No, but my Mum's Razr works fine with iSync...

The only thing I don't like is that Moto's address book like to create separate entries for each number saved, instead of one contact with multiple numbers.
QUOTE Thanks
chuckalicious

chuckalicious is on a distinguished road

Yup, the SE K750i is one of the best standard phones about. Great camera, great phone, and works perfectly with iSync
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Oh yeah -

I have the K750i and absolutely love it!
The whole menu structure is well thought out, the integration with OS X couldn't be better and the camera is pretty great as well...
(Check out my posts in the last few "Photos of the month" threads for some examples.)
QUOTE Thanks
misskool

misskool is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Powerbook G4 1.67GHz 15.2" Superdrive 1.5GB RAM

Sony Ericsson w810i. Picked it for the camera, saves carrying a digital camera around, comes with 512MB memory stick duo so you can bluetooth music to your phone.
QUOTE Thanks
Daddy Elmis

Daddy Elmis has a spectacular aura about

Motorola E815 sync's easily and is a very good phone, reception-wise (I personally could not care less about camera, video, etc., on a cell phone).
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Crackintosh | 2.0ghz black mb or 1.8ghzmbp? »