New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Dreeeaaamweaver, I Think You Can Get Me Through The Night

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

caveatipss

Is Dreamweaver a Universal app yet? Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
techster82

techster82 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)

No, and it may never be. Adobe purchased Macromedia and rumor is they will kill off Dreamweaver in favor of their GoLive Application. The only part of Macromedia that will go universal will be the next verison of Flash, which Adobe will keep around. Now I am just going on what I have read so if I am incorrect someone let me know.
QUOTE Thanks
caveatipss

So, is there software for html design out there that is as good as Dreamweaver?
QUOTE Thanks
lil

Unless Adobe basically renames Dreamweaver GoLive, Adobe would be making a mistake to ditch Dreamweaver in favour of GoLive.

Dreamweaver is just a better product than GoLive and a careful fusion of the two would be optimal.

Certainly Freehand is going the way of the wind.

Vicky
QUOTE Thanks
techster82

techster82 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)

Almost everybody I have talked to prefers GoLive to Dreamweaver. I wouldn't be surprised if Adobe kept their own app in favor of Dreamweaver. I have both and find GoLive easier to use since I started playing with it.
QUOTE Thanks
caveatipss

Easier to use, but as useful?
QUOTE Thanks
goobimama

goobimama is a jewel in the roughgoobimama is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)

Seriously? GoLive against Dreamweaver? I think Adobe would be crazy to kill the most used WizzyWig web design application out there...
QUOTE Thanks
Cashmonee

Cashmonee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by techster82
Almost everybody I have talked to prefers GoLive to Dreamweaver. I wouldn't be surprised if Adobe kept their own app in favor of Dreamweaver. I have both and find GoLive easier to use since I started playing with it.
Dreamweaver is THE profeesionals tool for web developing. GoLive doesnt come anywhere near in power. I highly doubt Dreamweaver is going anywhere. A name change maybe, but completely scrapped I doubt it.
QUOTE Thanks
sarahsboy18

sarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nice
Mac Specs: Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by techster82
Easier is not necessarily better... Dreamweaver is a much more streamlined and quicker application for those of us who write more of our code by hand with only basic aids from the application... GoLive is better for the unexperienced web designers but tends to just get in the way for pros. It would be foolish for Adobe to end Dreamweaver... As Lil said a hybrid would be best... Possibly GoLive with two different viewing/operating modes.

"If you had a friend who was a tightrope walker, and you were walking down a sidewalk, and he fell, that would be completely unacceptable." -Mitch Hedberg
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveatipss
So, is there software for html design out there that is as good as Dreamweaver?

Yes, TextEdit.

Learn how to code HTML and write it from scratch...:black:

at least that is what I do...

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Yeah, I've actually used Dreamweaver a fair bit, but since it's fairly chunky on my iBook, I now use SubEthaEdit instead for most of my stuff...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Poll: Sophie's Choice | Potential Maccer seeks info »