New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Looking for a note taking software

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

AMacSoon

Hi,

one final thing i have not yet found for my mac is some sort of "Note-taking-and-organising-app". I'm not talking about sticky notes, but something like Microsoft One-Note.

The App should allow me to take notes (along with images) during a meeting and then later assist me in organizing them into categories with subcategories ... and eventually tasks (that are assigned to different people)

Recommendations, anyone ?

Thanx!
QUOTE Thanks
surfwax95

surfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" Powerbook G4 24" iMac iPhone 3Gs

I've tried Voodoo Pad Lite and really like it's features. It's a free version of a Shareware app called, obviously, Voodoo Pad. You should check it out.

I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.
QUOTE Thanks
boneheadz

boneheadz will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMacSoon
Hi,

one final thing i have not yet found for my mac is some sort of "Note-taking-and-organising-app". I'm not talking about sticky notes, but something like Microsoft One-Note.

The App should allow me to take notes (along with images) during a meeting and then later assist me in organizing them into categories with subcategories ... and eventually tasks (that are assigned to different people)

Thanx!
MS office for mac has a "notebook" feature in word that is almost as good a one note. But I love Sticky Brain. Lets me archive web pages, store files and images and you can create a note page, or a doc page with more layout options.

Only complaints are that you can't manually sort notes and categories and the folder icons are limited.

bone
QUOTE Thanks
Dillinger-63

Dillinger-63 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.

Note taking was one of the big issues I was concerned about when I switched to my PowerBook G4 and I finally wound up with StickBrain. I was hopeful that MS would make a Mac version of OneNote, but I don't think there are any plans for that. Another program that is in development is EverNote (which by the way is free) , but I'm not sure when the Mac version will be released, as they are currently working on a Pocket PC version that will sync with their Windows version. The other option is to run Virtual PC, then run OneNote, or what ever other note taking software you want.

My Avatar is in memory of my beloved K-9,
Dillinger who was killed in the line of duty.
QUOTE Thanks
timosfca

I read a seriously scathing thread about Stickybrain/Soho note taking software. The several writers all sounded very competant. I'm a little shocked and disappointed to read the software is so bad because the features it is claimed to have are awesome. Does anyone have any experience with this software? Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
boneheadz

boneheadz will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac

Quote:
Originally Posted by timosfca View Post
I read a seriously scathing thread about Stickybrain/Soho note taking software. The several writers all sounded very competant. I'm a little shocked and disappointed to read the software is so bad because the features it is claimed to have are awesome. Does anyone have any experience with this software? Thanks
I have bought sticky/soho for both my macs and my kids mac. I love it, nice features, well designed. Only complaint is that I can't have one database for both accounts on my computer. (work and personal accounts). I have tried setting a networked database, but no love. Other wise a great product for 40 bucks.

bone
QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMacSoon View Post
Hi,

Thanx!
try checking www.macupdate.com or www.versiontracker.com

I did a search and found quite a few that may work.

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMac 17" or MacBook, 1GB or 2GB | What to expect during switch? »