Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Switcher Hangout (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/switcher-hangout/)
-   -   Looking for a note taking software (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/switcher-hangout/34850-looking-note-taking-software.html)

AMacSoon 05-18-2006 09:06 AM

Looking for a note taking software

Hi,

one final thing i have not yet found for my mac is some sort of "Note-taking-and-organising-app". I'm not talking about sticky notes, but something like Microsoft One-Note.

The App should allow me to take notes (along with images) during a meeting and then later assist me in organizing them into categories with subcategories ... and eventually tasks (that are assigned to different people)

Recommendations, anyone ?

Thanx!

surfwax95 05-18-2006 09:29 AM

I've tried Voodoo Pad Lite and really like it's features. It's a free version of a Shareware app called, obviously, Voodoo Pad. You should check it out.

boneheadz 05-18-2006 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMacSoon
Hi,

one final thing i have not yet found for my mac is some sort of "Note-taking-and-organising-app". I'm not talking about sticky notes, but something like Microsoft One-Note.

The App should allow me to take notes (along with images) during a meeting and then later assist me in organizing them into categories with subcategories ... and eventually tasks (that are assigned to different people)

Thanx!

MS office for mac has a "notebook" feature in word that is almost as good a one note. But I love Sticky Brain. Lets me archive web pages, store files and images and you can create a note page, or a doc page with more layout options.

Only complaints are that you can't manually sort notes and categories and the folder icons are limited.

bone

Dillinger-63 05-18-2006 09:50 AM

Note taking was one of the big issues I was concerned about when I switched to my PowerBook G4 and I finally wound up with StickBrain. I was hopeful that MS would make a Mac version of OneNote, but I don't think there are any plans for that. Another program that is in development is EverNote (which by the way is free) , but I'm not sure when the Mac version will be released, as they are currently working on a Pocket PC version that will sync with their Windows version. The other option is to run Virtual PC, then run OneNote, or what ever other note taking software you want.

timosfca 11-26-2006 11:57 PM

Stickybrain/Soho

I read a seriously scathing thread about Stickybrain/Soho note taking software. The several writers all sounded very competant. I'm a little shocked and disappointed to read the software is so bad because the features it is claimed to have are awesome. Does anyone have any experience with this software? Thanks

boneheadz 11-27-2006 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timosfca (Post 279921)
I read a seriously scathing thread about Stickybrain/Soho note taking software. The several writers all sounded very competant. I'm a little shocked and disappointed to read the software is so bad because the features it is claimed to have are awesome. Does anyone have any experience with this software? Thanks

I have bought sticky/soho for both my macs and my kids mac. I love it, nice features, well designed. Only complaint is that I can't have one database for both accounts on my computer. (work and personal accounts). I have tried setting a networked database, but no love. Other wise a great product for 40 bucks.

bone

KoDorSean 11-27-2006 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMacSoon (Post 212460)
Hi,

Thanx!

try checking www.macupdate.com or www.versiontracker.com

I did a search and found quite a few that may work.