New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

invalid web browser

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jfb67

I'm trying to login in to a website (PERKINS1.COM) wich is a food supplier for my company, with safari I always get a error message "invalid web browser try a more updated web browser IE or Netscape I tried that and I also tried Firefox it still doesn't work.
I'm almost sure that the company that created that "login system" created that system only for windows.
Does anybody have any ideias how to work around that.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Hi!

If you download Camino and install the additional 'Camitools', it will let you spoof your browser's identity to the website.

I just tried setting it to 'Internet Explorer 6' and was at least able to reach the username & password prompt, so I'd assume it works for the rest as well.

If you want to give that a try, download camino here:
www.caminobrowser.org

and then download the additional 'Camitools' from here:
www.pimpmycamino.com

and when it's all installed, go to Camino's preferences (command+ and the last pane should now be Camitools. Select the 'view' options and at the bottom left you can select which browser will be reported to the website.
Select internet explorer and it should work...
QUOTE Thanks
jfb67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptmunich
Hi!

If you download Camino and install the additional 'Camitools', it will let you spoof your browser's identity to the website.

I just tried setting it to 'Internet Explorer 6' and was at least able to reach the username & password prompt, so I'd assume it works for the rest as well.

If you want to give that a try, download camino here:
www.caminobrowser.org

and then download the additional 'Camitools' from here:
www.pimpmycamino.com

and when it's all installed, go to Camino's preferences (command+ and the last pane should now be Camitools. Select the 'view' options and at the bottom left you can select which browser will be reported to the website.
Select internet explorer and it should work...
I can't believe it worked I have been in every site for this and all the other answers didn't work, I'm new to computers and even more to Mac and I have been so excited about having my first Mac (Macbook pro) it's so much better than windows, but I was ready to quit, thanks alot.
QUOTE Thanks
puaerotch

puaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: iBook G4 OSX Tiger

if you prefer using Safari, you could try Safari Enhancer, it has an option to change which browser Safari identifies itself as
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I tried Safari Enhancer and set it to IE, Netscape and nothing would let it log in. I tried the latest Firefox and even latest Opera set to emulate IE and they would not work either. Only Camino with Camino Enhancer would let one go to the Login page. Amazing. Someone did not do their homework when designing the page. Firefox works with almost any page I ever visit
QUOTE Thanks
puaerotch

puaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: iBook G4 OSX Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7
I tried Safari Enhancer and set it to IE, Netscape and nothing would let it log in. I tried the latest Firefox and even latest Opera set to emulate IE and they would not work either. Only Camino with Camino Enhancer would let one go to the Login page. Amazing. Someone did not do their homework when designing the page. Firefox works with almost any page I ever visit
interesting. you'd think that if one worked the other would too
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelstumpf
interesting. you'd think that if one worked the other would too
Agreed!

I made sure it made the changes to Safari. I was more shocked even Firefox would not let me go to the login page.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Hehe, weird...

I didn't specifically say Camino because I knew Safari wouldn't work, I just happened to be set to IE in camino and gave it a whirl...

Glad it worked out for you!
QUOTE Thanks
jfb67

Everything works fine until a put in the username and password, i can see the next page for a second or two something is blocking it from going to the "order sheet".
Can someone help me with that?
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Is popup/ad-blocking turned off in Camino?

You haven't said if you've tried IE for mac yet? Maybe that'll work if Camino spoofing doesn't. If not, your only other options would be emulation (if you're on a powerPC mac: Virtual PC or GuestPC) or dual-booting (only works on intel based macs).

Personally I'd also get in touch with the company and suggest they get it fixed... Maybe say you can't use IE due to the security risks it poses for your company's sensitive information
QUOTE Thanks
Kar98

Kar98 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac mini i5, 2.3Ghz dual core, 8 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.2

Went to that site with Firefox (no extensions except AdBlock Plus) and it works just fine.

Edited to add: Oh, I see. Once you try to log in, it will give you this page: http://tibernet.net/htSysMsg/BadBrowser.htm

I has a signijer.
QUOTE Thanks
jfb67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar98
Went to that site with Firefox (no extensions except AdBlock Plus) and it works just fine.

Edited to add: Oh, I see. Once you try to log in, it will give you this page: http://tibernet.net/htSysMsg/BadBrowser.htm
I GO ONE STEP FURTHER THEN THAT.
I can see the ordering form page for about 1 to 2 seconds then I get this message:

Commerce has launched a separate pop-up window to begin the ordering process. If you are not able to view the ordering window you must temporarily disable any pop-up blockers being applied by your web browser.

Pop-up blockers are only available on the following platforms and may vary depending on the type and version of your browser. Click on a link below for information on how to disable common pop-up blockers:

Internet Explorer (on Windows XP)

Google Toolbar

Internet Explorer (on Windows 2003 SP1)

Yahoo Toolbar

For example, if a pop-up window is blocked by Internet Explorer (on Windows 2003 SP1) users will hear a sound and notification will be presented in both the Information Bar and the Status Bar. Click on the notification in either bar to display a menu containing options enabling you to temporarily allow pop-ups, add the Commerce site to the Allow list or customize pop-up blocker settings.

Once the Commerce pop-up ordering window is open you may close this window.
QUOTE Thanks
jfb67

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb67
I GO ONE STEP FURTHER THEN THAT.
I can see the ordering form page for about 1 to 2 seconds then I get this message:

Commerce has launched a separate pop-up window to begin the ordering process. If you are not able to view the ordering window you must temporarily disable any pop-up blockers being applied by your web browser.

Pop-up blockers are only available on the following platforms and may vary depending on the type and version of your browser. Click on a link below for information on how to disable common pop-up blockers:

Internet Explorer (on Windows XP)

Google Toolbar

Internet Explorer (on Windows 2003 SP1)

Yahoo Toolbar

For example, if a pop-up window is blocked by Internet Explorer (on Windows 2003 SP1) users will hear a sound and notification will be presented in both the Information Bar and the Status Bar. Click on the notification in either bar to display a menu containing options enabling you to temporarily allow pop-ups, add the Commerce site to the Allow list or customize pop-up blocker settings.

Once the Commerce pop-up ordering window is open you may close this window.

Can someone help me with this. I've come this close and I would hate to give up.
QUOTE Thanks
claudius753

claudius753 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz/4 GB/500 GB

When you go to the website, look at the very top of the page. If it displays something that looks like this attatched image, it is because of Camino blocking the pop-up.

If you can click "unblock" that would work. Alternatively you can go to Camino's preferences (Camino -> Preferences) and on the "Web Features" pane you can either turn off the "Block pop-up windows" option, or if you know the url of the site that is sendind the pop-up, you can add that to the "Exceptions List"
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 2.png (90.1 KB, 7 views)

Nathan Sweeney

Don't forget to use the User Reputation System if someone helps you out!
Come and help save lives by Folding
QUOTE Thanks
IronMac

IronMac is a jewel in the roughIronMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mini C2D 2Ghz 8GB RAM, MB C2D 2.2Ghz, MBP CD 2Ghz, 1TB TC, 2 APX, iPhone 4, ATV2, 23in ACD x2

Ha ebaumsworld. Funnys stuff on that site. But back on topic, you should definitely call the Co. and alert them about the site.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« So I deleted iTunes helper... | iMac and MBP mods coming? »