New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

How To See The Files In My Camera

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jctapana

jctapana is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac G5

Hi,

I am trying to organize my photos.

Is there a way to “see” my camera as an external drive, with files in it? Whenever I plug the camera in, iPhoto prompts me to import the images, but I would prefer to download them directly to the hard disk (iPhoto is terrible with directories). Even after downloading the pictures, I can not find the camera in the so called “Finder”.

If I download say, 200 pictures to iPhoto, and want to take 2 last shots and save them, I have to go through the silly process of waiting for iPhoto to read aaaaall the pictures in the card, although I tell it to ignore existing ones.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I did an iPhoto search within the forum and am most impressed with the amount of people complaining about it. And after a few weeks, I can see why.

A Newbie (iMac G5 on Dec 05) but don't like it so far.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

What camera is this? Canon's seen to have this issue of not mounting a drive icon on the desktop.

You can use Image Capture in the Applications folder. With the Camera plugged in, you can browse the photos and copy what you want.
QUOTE Thanks
jctapana

Thanks for your prompt reply.

It's a Nikon D70.

I will try Image Capture as soon as I get home. Like many Mac users, I have a PC at work and a Mac at home.

QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Also if you don't want iPhoto as the default to importing your images. You use preferences in image capture to change the default to what ever application you want to import your images.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
jctapana

Thanks! It worked as expected.

QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

my d50 mounts right on the desktop(and in finder) just to let you know
-chris

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

Yeah I have the same problem basically, having a Canon ixus50 it doesn't mount. Any fixes?

If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi
Yeah I have the same problem basically, having a Canon ixus50 it doesn't mount. Any fixes?

I asked a few of my Canon friends and they all said no icon on the desktop or in My Computer. You have to use their software. I asked them to look at their camera's setup and see if there was a setting under USB options like on some HP's and Olympus's that put the camera into disc mode. I even downloaded a Manual on this one Canon and could find no mention of it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iBook memory in MacBook | Transfering iTunes Playlists from Windows to Mac »