New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Tomorrow is the day!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

AMacSoon

Yes! Finally! My Mac Mini Dual Core w/ 2GB RAM and 100 GB HDD will arive!

Everything is prepared. 40 GB Personal Data is copied to a NAS (will restore it overnight) Keyboard & Mouse are ready .... and I made some "mini" room on my desk, where the new Mac Mini will reside.

Already downloaded all the software I will need along with installation guides. I put my old Windows Software on ebay ... two packages are already sold

I am ready! :mac:

Coke & Pizza for a long night is in the fridge and the brother of my girl friend, an experienced an long term mac user, is also around!

Cogito, ergo :mac:
QUOTE Thanks
novicew

novicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)

Good luck with your MacMini! I am sure you are going to enjoy it. By the way, switching to OS X is really easy.

I bought my Duo Core Mini last week. It is stable and works great.
QUOTE Thanks
AMacSoon

Thanx!

I believe and hope that it works and is easy. Basically, the Mac-Switch is "Back to the roots".

My first computer was an Atari with TOS and GEM which, at this time, was derived from apple.

Also I used a Macintosh Classic II (please don't hurt me, if this is not the correct name) in the early 90s.

The reason I switches is, that after 15 Years of Windows I am just annoyed. I have to spend more time with system maintainance that doing productive work. And, two weeks ago, my Win XP Machine (Centrino 1.7 GHz w/ 1.2 Gig Ram) suddenly refused to work. Did not detect my iPod, Synching with my N90 did not work and it was slow as **** (I doubt it was a virus since I know what file types i can click and we have a firewall in our home network (a real one, not one of these "NAT-Firewalls") It took me an entire weekend and 5 evenings to restore my machine (the recovery CD crashed with a blue-screen while installing).

I did try to use and image software to create an image of a fresh XP installation only to find, that after restoring it, there was always at least one thing that didn't work. My time of "computer crafting" is over. I do want a system that *just works* and allows me to do my work.

I really don't care if a photoshop filter needs 30 oder 40 seconds to complete it just has to work!

That's why I am positive, that a mac mini with my specs (core duo, 2 GB RAM - especially for using PS on rosetta) is the perfect machine for me.

However, if my switch to Mac works as I have planned, I'll go for a more powerful one by the end of the year though :mac:

So possibly the marketing plan of Steve just worked out *g*
QUOTE Thanks
Dillinger-63

Dillinger-63 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.

Hey, congrats! The wait is sometimes the toughest part.

My Avatar is in memory of my beloved K-9,
Dillinger who was killed in the line of duty.
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

esp if your house is at the end of the UPS route. i waited around ALL day until i went to work at 5PM, it showed up at 6pm apparently

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
caveatipss

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach_z
esp if your house is at the end of the UPS route. i waited around ALL day until i went to work at 5PM, it showed up at 6pm apparently
The UPS people hide in the bushes and wait until you are not home to deliver Macs.
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveatipss
The UPS people hide in the bushes and wait until you are not home to deliver Macs.
i am now friends with my ups dude, he delivers stuff for work at s'bux and also at my moms work....i can get him to deliver stuff for me earlier at either places!!!

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
Jabjabs

Jabjabs is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1.25Ghz Mini, 512MB, 40GB

Quote:
It took me an entire weekend and 5 evenings to restore my machine (the recovery CD crashed with a blue-screen while installing).
The exact same thing happened to me last week. I have lost all faith in my PC these days, I have a fresh install of XP now and all it's task is moving files form my mac to it's hard drives and that's all.

Oh and good work on getting the mini, you'll love it.

Mac Life - Apple Mac computers news, forums and more...

http://www.finiteloops.com
QUOTE Thanks
MJGUK

Congrats and Enjoy your New Mac
QUOTE Thanks
AMacSoon

This is the first Message from my new Mac !

I love it!
It's so great!

Unwrapped it, connnected it, loved it! It was so easy ... that's how computing should work!

Currently I'm restoring my backup from my two NAS ... then everything is done!
QUOTE Thanks
dohidied

dohidied is a jewel in the roughdohidied is a jewel in the roughdohidied is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach_z
i thought mine would get here after i left for work. instead, it got here at 3pm or so and i started setting it up and playing around, only to have to leave for work at 5.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

That alway happens when new toys arrives in the mail.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
netdog

netdog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMacSoon
This is the first Message from my new Mac ! I love it!
It's so great! Unwrapped it, connnected it, loved it! It was so easy ... that's how computing should work!
Congrats on your new Mac! Now you'll need a new alias.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Dual G5 acting up... | Dvi »