watchmanseven
    Question Download programs to disk on PC for imac
    Can I use my PC to download mac programs from the internet, burn them to a CD and then install them on my imac?

I have a PC connected the internet, but I'd have to create a network or something for both computers to share the internet connection(something the folks won't let me do).

I'll be putting music recording prgrams on my imac, and want to be able to download updates, new drivers, add on's and that kinda stuff.

If this has been answered, I couldn't find the post, so please point me in the general direction!

Thanks!

Yeah you can do this, I did it before I got my mac networked to the pc. I'd use a cd-rw or maybe get one of those usb thumb drives, they are very cheap these days.

Specs:
    Mac mini i5, 2.3Ghz dual core, 8 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.2
    Quote Originally Posted by watchmanseven
    Can I use my PC to download mac programs from the internet, burn them to a CD and then install them on my imac?
    Yes.

I have a PC connected the internet, but I'd have to create a network or something for both computers to share the internet connection(something the folks won't let me do).

I'll be putting music recording prgrams on my imac, and want to be able to download updates, new drivers, add on's and that kinda stuff.
    So both the PC and the Mac are yours and you have physical access to both of them? Or the PC is your parents' computer and you may only go online on the PC, under supervision?
    I has a signijer.

i transfer large files with my ipod all the time.
    My Photo Site.
    Other sites:
    MySpace
    My Blog.

watchmanseven
    I'm 27 and am temporarily living with the folks, so adult supervision was done long ago

As far as the computer goes, I say mine but that's relative. It's only mine when somethings broke and they need me to fix it

The PC is my parents computer, but my Dad freaks out everytime someone downloads a new icon or program on the desktop. So suggesting something like a network, so the mac can access the internet too, is not an option.

He thinks I'll blow it up or melt it down, which for the record I've never done

watchmanseven
    oh yeah, and I thought about the ipod, but I'm too poor for one of those right now. The imac broke the bank!

Thread Information