New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Not allowed to buy a Mac?? wtf

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Graeme43

Graeme43 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: I love student discount (sig)

Ok, I have been saving for a long time ( almost there ) and tried not to let my mum find out about it just incase it gets "borrowed"

I was at Pcworld :rolleyes: a while ago having a look at their pcs ( not buying by the way ) and i saw this lovely looking beautiful thing standing out in a display.. it was an iMac... mmm best thing ive ever looked at .. been saving since then :eek: but they only come with 256mb ram and from the Apple online store i could get 512mb I thought.. now I asked my dad what he thought recently.. he said that I dont need it because i have a good pc, dont need it,what would i do with it , they are too dear / rip off / waste of money + nowhere to put it and having just got a AMD Athlon XP 3000+ and 1GB ram

Well It was super high quality and seems you get what you pay for I also desperately want OS X And of course its not a waste of money:mad: And im really fed up with ugly old windoze

Having thought.. there wouldnt happen to be a newer model coming out soon in early 2004 would there?

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
ApplejustWorks

ApplejustWorks is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD

I know how you feel... You might say my parents......well aren't "technological" people... They like old fashioned things....On the other hand, I am a technological freak...I love anything that makes me be lazier or ust life easier....I am running a Dell Dimension 8200, 2.0 GHz, only 256 MB Ram(and its killin me). I wanna get the Dual 1.8 GHz G5, 1 GB Ram but god that price tag! I know exactly how you feel....Hang in there.....I still haven't switched but I know its a whole different world...A good World....The Apple World
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

There will be something new from Apple in 2004, But it is any body's guess to what it is. I am guessing at the show in MWSF. the xserve line will be updated.
QUOTE Thanks
Graeme43

i think the microsoft world sucks anyway :rolleyes:

they seem to copy everything that apple puts into their OS then change the colors of it

my mum just said im not happy with what ive got.. if i had an iMac i wouldnt need anything else

my new HDD based mp3 player is compatible with OS 8.6 and up it says.. thats a good thing.. also my camera does too
QUOTE Thanks
Kreza

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplejustWorks
I know how you feel... You might say my parents......well aren't "technological" people... They like old fashioned things....On the other hand, I am a technological freak...I love anything that makes me be lazier or ust life easier....I am running a Dell Dimension 8200, 2.0 GHz, only 256 MB Ram(and its killin me). I wanna get the Dual 1.8 GHz G5, 1 GB Ram but god that price tag! I know exactly how you feel....Hang in there.....I still haven't switched but I know its a whole different world...A good World....The Apple World
Im lucky, my DAD is technological n ****, I got my brand new ibook, which ive been saving up for ages for, I am never going to buy another windows box ever again (maybe if i get paid by M$ and only if its all their money ) slap your dad and say its your money and you can do whatever you want.

If that doesn't work persuade them, say you will run away from home (i am not taking liability if you actually do)

Stake your school grades on it, all I did was find a cheap one on ebay.. !!
QUOTE Thanks
Graeme43

my dad got a dvd rw for his pc and its "almost" gonna work and in the end its better off buying a working thing.. eg mac

he like having the latest stuff too but he's never tried a mac and he says he doesnt want to and doesnt care

one bad thing is he is the only way i can order it through.. unless i went to a shop and got it.. they seem to have no extra ram options though
QUOTE Thanks
jerodhusvar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme43
my dad got a dvd rw for his pc and its "almost" gonna work and in the end its better off buying a working thing.. eg mac

he like having the latest stuff too but he's never tried a mac and he says he doesnt want to and doesnt care

one bad thing is he is the only way i can order it through.. unless i went to a shop and got it.. they seem to have no extra ram options though
Don't let not having options on memory stop you from buying your Mac. Any monkey with a grounding strap can install memory. And you can puirchase memory from other places much cheaper than you're going to pay from Apple.

Hang in there!

Jerod
QUOTE Thanks
Graeme43

One thing i do notice is that mac users seem to be more friendly than them pc users that tend to laugh more than help at people who have problems :rolleyes:

QUOTE Thanks
Graeme43

OMG!! i just watched Apples Panther video on their homepage
QUOTE Thanks
jerodhusvar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme43
One thing i do notice is that mac users seem to be more friendly than them pc users that tend to laugh more than help at people who have problems :rolleyes:

I don't know that that is actually the case. I think what is actually going on is that Mac users are more technilogically aware of how their machines and operating systems work. So if you try to get a PC user to help you, they may just not KNOW what to tell you, and so they blow you off.

And, to let a cat out of the bag... I am primarily a PC user. I have an iMac, and I use a G4 and a G5 every day at work, and I provide tech support for macs. But, I will help someone with a PC problem just as fast as I'll help someone with a Mac problem. I guess the fact that I have been repairing computers professionally for 15 years, and I've been a computer hobbiest for 25 years, I feel that computers have been good to me. So I help other people as best as I can.

Boy am I gonna get it when Murlyn finds out I'm primarily a PC dude.

Jerod
QUOTE Thanks
Graeme43

That Mac video was awesome.. now i dont know if i need ibook or an imac or both

Now ill need to sell everything

is there any more videos demonstrating Panther?
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

jerodhusvar are you insane! What got into you? There is something wrong with you, most definitely! Let me check your pulse! hmm.. I need to check your temperature.. ok bend over.. yeah that's the way the PC world treats you! *grin* Ok I just had to say that because of your crack with me in it

Graeme43 get the iMac if you don't need the portability. Believe me when I say that if you purchase the mac eventually your dad will want to check it out and then you'll have a hard time convincing him to keep buying pc's after he's experienced your mac. It might take awhile before he gets used to it.. if he gives it a fair chance that is.

Plus if you tell your nearby apple store, or any other store that online it comes with more memory, a lot of places will throw it in so that you will buy from them.

Cheers!
QUOTE Thanks
Graeme43

Im gonna try to go for it when ive fully saved.. unless there is a get now... pay later option right now as im a little short at the moment
QUOTE Thanks
StarManta

I take it you're under 18, which rules out the option of a credit card...
QUOTE Thanks
Graeme43

My dad has one... muhahah

thats what i'd use

i had a look on apples student discounts thingies but my schools not listed
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Enabling F-Keys (F1-F12) on an iBook | using iSight to communicate with windows users »