New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Hello! Yet another person whos switched to mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Gimpy

Gimpy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" iMac Core duo 2 ghz, 1 gb ram, 256 Mb gfx, 500Gb storage, OSX 10.4.6 and XP sp2

Im like many others, due to the release of boot camp, I finally decided to get a mac as my only worry of software compatibility is gone! Anyway here is what I bought!

20" iMac core duo 2ghz
gig ram
250 gig hard drive (have another 250 gig external hooked up too)
256 meg X1600 gfx

I must say, its blindingly fast! My friends running windows pc's mocked me for buying a mac, but I must say they have shut up after seeing some benchmarks from the iMac running windows. **** i even have oblivion on there running better than there "gaming" pc's can pull off, which really impressed me!
Saying that, windows now only gets used for games and one or two aps, OSX is better than I ever imagined, I thought i'd end up using each os equally, but ive barely touched my windows partition, heh.

I do have one question though, regarding Azureus, the bit torrent client. It is Universal, but when I try to run it, the frog icon bounces in the dock, then disapears, and the program doesnt open. Anyone got any idea how to fix this, as its bugging me a lot!
QUOTE Thanks
lil

Welcome to the forums and the Macintosh!

Vicky
QUOTE Thanks
christm

christm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1

i have never used it but if you can reinstall the program.

ctm
QUOTE Thanks
Gimpy

Gimpy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" iMac Core duo 2 ghz, 1 gb ram, 256 Mb gfx, 500Gb storage, OSX 10.4.6 and XP sp2

Quote:
Originally Posted by christm
i have never used it but if you can reinstall the program.

ctm

I have tried that, tried a previous version too, but I still ahve the problem
QUOTE Thanks
MJGUK

Welcome to the Forums and congratulations on your new Mac!

The iMac Core Duo is a mighty fine machine
QUOTE Thanks
Brown Study

Brown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to all
Mac Specs: G4 Tiger and OS 9

The Azureus plist (the application's preferences or properties) file may be corrupted, and the original might be staying put. Trashing it might cure the problem; a new one will be created as soon the application starts.

The plist could be in one of two places or maybe even in both (Adobe has plists in each location).

Make sure Azureus is not running, and open your user-name/library/preferences folder. Trash the Azureus plist if there's one there.

Then do the same with volume/library/preferences folder. Restart Azureus and see what happens.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« PC v. Mac Attitude | Screen Cleaner »