New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

help on burning files to DVD-R and CD-R

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

grussem

grussem is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: I have a new Mac Book Pro. 2 GHz Intel Core Duo, 1 GB DDR2 SDRAM

I'm brand new to mac's and so far I love my MacBook Pro. Does anyone know how I can burn copies of my files to a DVD-R so I have a back up of them all on disc? Also, can I burn MP3's to a DVD-R so they can play on any CD player that's MP3 compatible or does it have to be to a CD-R? What programs will enable me to do this that come with my mac? If there are none, what one should I buy? Thanks for the help in advance. I tried searching for the same topic but could not find it. If it's out there you'll have to excuse me, I'm Polish
QUOTE Thanks
novicew

novicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)

Yes you can do all of that. Unfortunately you have to buy a third party App. I am using Toast and find it great. Here are some more. Pls check whether they have Universal Binaries.
QUOTE Thanks
grussem

"Pls check whether they have Universal Binaries."

uuuuuuuuuuh.....whatcho talkin about Willis?
QUOTE Thanks
novicew

novicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)

Universal Binaries are the Apps. developed to run native on Intel based Macs. Until recently most of the software were made for Macs running on PPC processors. After Apple decided to change its processor from PPC to Intel, software developers had to rewrite codes so that their Apps. could run natively on new architecture. The once which do not run natively needs to be emulated by Rosetta which result in slow performance. So when you need an App. for an Intel based Mac look for a Universal Binary, if possible.
QUOTE Thanks
grussem

Thanks for clearing that up for me and for the responses! :cool:
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« [help] Just Switched Intel Imac!! But yikes! | Very Disappointed »