New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Anyone uses Toast 7 Titanium...need to ask...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Dooglla

Dooglla is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac Intel Core Duo 20"

Is there a way to copy your data to a cd or dvd and then with another time to come back and copy some more files to the same cd untilit fills up? The ones I did I cannot put anything else on them and I know I am doing something wrong. Any help will be appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
N715DP

There are two ways you could do this... one would be a multi-session cd/dvd - not sure how to do this in Toast... the other is to use an -RW disk instead of an -R. RW's are a little more expensive but can be written to over and over again, as opposed to -R's which are typically burn and done.
QUOTE Thanks
Dooglla

That is what I want to do is use multi-session copy like what I did when i used Apollo DVD Copy software...you could always come back and record other stuff on the same CD or DVD as slong as you have the save image to used it to.
QUOTE Thanks
IronMac

IronMac is a jewel in the roughIronMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mini C2D 2Ghz 8GB RAM, MB C2D 2.2Ghz, MBP CD 2Ghz, 1TB TC, 2 APX, iPhone 4, ATV2, 23in ACD x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooglla
That is what I want to do is use multi-session copy like what I did when i used Apollo DVD Copy software...you could always come back and record other stuff on the same CD or DVD as slong as you have the save image to used it to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast Help
Click the red Record button and choose a recorder from the list and optional recording settings, such as "Number of Copies."
Multi-session CDs: If you are making a data CD and would like to leave the disc "open" so you can record additional data sessions at a later time, click the Advanced tab and choose Write Session. You can now continue to add data to this CD until you have exceeded its capacity or you choose Write Disc to "close" it. Each recording session will appear as a unique disc icon on your Desktop - this is normal Mac OS behavior and is not controlled by Toast. You cannot make multi-session DVDs.
That wasn't so hard was it?

You can also do this with Disk Utility by making a Disc Image from folder command. Then select the .dmg and click burn. Make sure to check leave disc appendable.
QUOTE Thanks
Dooglla

Thanks alot...is there a software that can be used to make multi-session DVDs that is like Apollo DVD Copy?
QUOTE Thanks
IronMac

IronMac is a jewel in the roughIronMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mini C2D 2Ghz 8GB RAM, MB C2D 2.2Ghz, MBP CD 2Ghz, 1TB TC, 2 APX, iPhone 4, ATV2, 23in ACD x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooglla
Thanks alot...is there a software that can be used to make multi-session DVDs that is like Apollo DVD Copy?
Might be possible with Disk Utility. Try it and see.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mactel + Soulseek | desktop variety »