Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1

    Member Since
    Apr 16, 2006
    Got my iMac might switch it for MBP.
    Ok..I love this machine, I have had a great time all day just getting everything set up exactly how I want. The problem now is that my gf decided to get her own apt for school next Fall. I know I will be spending a lot of my time there, if I am not at work or in class I will most likely be over there. I am not going to live there, but I guess I will be there at least 3 nights a week. Now I am thinking a notebook will be more practical for me, I like having my computer to use each night, I don't want to do my stuff on her windoze machine.

    What is the restocking fee and how long do I have?

    My choices are to either return my brand new iMac that I love and pay a restocking fee and get a MBP. Or I could wait until the end of the summer and get a refurb 12" or 15" g4 pb. Played with a 12" in the store and it seems a bit small, but for just checking mail and doing small simple tasks it should be fine.

  2. #2
    Solution: Give the iMac to me! Pleeeeaaaase!

  3. #3
    Left Face Down
    If I remember correctly the restocking fee is 10% of what you payed. Go to the Apple store and look up their return policy.

  4. #4

    inflexion's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 12, 2005
    12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
    yup the fee is 10% so depends on how badly you want to change it for a MBP

    Apple, think different

  5. #5

    Say_Cheese's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 17, 2006
    High Wycombe, Just outside London, England
    20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz
    If it were me and I had the money then I would get a refurb MBP at the end of the summer and keep the iMac. That way you have the best of both worlds.

  6. #6

    Member Since
    Mar 20, 2006
    MBP 1.83GHz, 1.5GB RAM
    I'd keep it and wait til you can afford the MBP. Or, maybe another consideration would be the new MacBook's (13.3").

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-16-2014, 07:33 PM
  2. Considering Switch From iMac to MBP
    By MikeIsGood in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-07-2010, 03:58 AM
  3. Took my MBP apart today.
    By rfomlover in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-22-2010, 02:32 AM
  4. Made the switch today...
    By lineyjay in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-17-2007, 06:01 PM
  5. Getting My MBP today!!!!
    By bowlman23 in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-17-2007, 01:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts