New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

CREATE IN WORD COPY & PASTE TO EBAY - NO HTML

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

SublimeWitch

HELP! LOL!

I CREATED A DOCUMENT IN WORD WITH THE FONT TYPE, COLORS ETC. AND COPIED AND PASTED IT INTO MY EBAY LISTING - FOR SALE - AND NONE OF THE TEXT CHANGES, LINE BREAKS, COLORS ETC. WERE INCLUDED. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? I DIDN'T DRAG IT OVER I ACTUALLY DID A "COPY AND PASTE" USING MAC KEYS.

I'VE ONLY HAD MY IBOOK FOR A WEEK NOW AND WILL SPEND A LOT OF TIME DOING EBAY LISTINGS ETC.

I'D APPRECIATE ANY HELP!

THANKS SO MUCH.
:dummy:
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

i have no real clue what i am talking about but my guess is that you need to save it as a website, and then copy and paste the html code into the ebay listing in order to get fonts, line breaks, etc to work properly

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
techster82

techster82 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)

To get the colors, font, etc to appear it must be in HTML code. I suggest using dreamweaver or Front Page if you have access to either of those. Dreamweaver will allow you to creat a document, much like Word, but it writes everything you do in code automatically. You then just copy and paste the code into ebays item description pane then you are in business.

Ebay provides a short list of common html codes that you could enter manually, but it can be very time consuming, especially for someone who has not coded before.
QUOTE Thanks
SublimeWitch

Why could I do it with a windows system - creating the listing in word, copying and pasting and it included the html. This is confusing. Dreamweaver is hectic. I don't need such a sophisticated editing tool, just a basic one, which is why I always used Word. Ack!

Thanks for suggestions. The more options I have, the better!

xxxxxxxx
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« copy web content to word document | Speakers »