Alright, I'm Sticking To It
Ok, I am just oging to put in the time and extra hours at work and save up for the iMac. It will only take a couple of months probably, but I just KNOW those *******s will release the next model the day I buy it lol. I do have a few questions about the 20" iMac with the top specs:
1. 500 GB is a darn big hard drive. How reliable are they? And, how easy is it to make partitions on a Mac?
2. If I install Windows on a partition, will failures on its part affect the OSX or the system?
3. Are the Intel processors for the Mac different than the ones they make for the PC? I know a G5 at a certain speed was equivalent to a Pentium with a higher clock speed. Does that still apply?
4. Is the built-in 20" screen very good for gaming?
1) Well many people will openly tell that Mac hardware and build quality are generally top class....They are high end machines and I've always found them to be very well built. You shouldn't have a problem at all, although of course any hard disk in the world CAN fail and thats just the sad truth wherever you go. The partitions should be very easy to achieve.
2) No. If you make errors to the hard disk or something which is hardware/universally relevant then of course yes.....But if you just had any kind of error with the Windows OS....This would NOT affect OS X.
3) Well the Core Solo and Core Duo chips are being used in PCs too, mostly laptops from what I can see and they seem to be selling very well in the high end PCs too. So I guess the straight answer is 'Yes', they are Intel's latest chips....per se.
4) Well the screen is great....I mean it's a REALLY high quality monitor. I'm looking at a 20" Intel iMac monitor right now and I can tell you that the quality is great, the brightness (which it can go up to) is amazing....simply stunning. Sure, you can definitely game on this :)
Hope that answers your questions and good luck with your purchase.
Be sure to stick around so we can get you started and help you with any Switcher questions etc :]
congrats on finally making a decision, stick with it and let us know how it is when you get it!!!
Thanks! I post here daily, sometimes several times per day, and I am still a couple of months away from ordering! lol
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:44 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.