New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Alarm Clock

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

UncSki1218

What would you guys reccommend for an "alarm clock" app? Hopefully, it can play music from itunes and wake the computer from sleep. I've seen some but there are so many choices and i was wondering what you guys use...
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

There are quite a few widgets that do this very thing.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
puaerotch

puaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: iBook G4 OSX Tiger

i dont use an alarm app so i dont know how well it works but i saw this awhile back, it may be worth a shot
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macos...larmclock.html
QUOTE Thanks
pugui

pugui is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: imac 1.83 GHz intel duo 1.5 GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelstumpf
i dont use an alarm app so i dont know how well it works but i saw this awhile back, it may be worth a shot
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macos...larmclock.html

This sounds really cool, I'm gonna give it a try. Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
WizzKid

WizzKid is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iMac G5 - iPod Touch - iPod Video (30GB) - iPod Shuffle 2nd Gen - Airport Extreme&Express

I use alarmclock its really well made and works a treat!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
dimagex20

dimagex20 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iMac Intel Core Duo 17" A Little Piece Of Heaven

Thanks for the tip, as I will use it for quite some time!

It's all good.
QUOTE Thanks
quicksilver

quicksilver will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP, 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 1991 Powerbook 100, Gen 2 Nano, Gen 1 Touch

I was going to suggest Aurora, but I think i'll try the one posted above...

Oh...and only pretty girls use Macs...
QUOTE Thanks
Thad

Thad is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13' MacBook 2.2Ghz 1Gb Ram 120Gb ,iMac G3 CRT 600 Mhz 512 Ram 60Gb Broken iBook G4, stolen Nano

you can use energy saver in sytem preferences to schedule the computer to automatically shut down at a specified time each night and then use sytempreferences>accounts>login items and then select a certain song from your itunes library to start the day, preferably something loud and rocking. youll have to disable your login password for the computer to login automaticaly and im not sure this works with a scheduled sleep becasue the computer doesnt have to log in to wake from sleep. there may however be a setting for that.
QUOTE Thanks
Mace

Mace will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 1.83 MBP

I use alarm clock ver. 2.2.3
Love it, wakes the computer up from sleep, you can have the music blare at you or it has easy wake mode which gradually increases the volume of the song till it's pretty loud. The song continues to play until you shut it up. I have my MB set to some speakers and a sub in the living room so in the morning I'm forced to get out of bed to turn it off. It's a great app. I used irooster b4 which was nice but wasn't free. This is simple, that's enough for me.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Nice little unobtrusive app!

Great find...
QUOTE Thanks
Kar98

Kar98 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac mini i5, 2.3Ghz dual core, 8 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.2

http://mac-forums.net/forums/showthread.php?t=47019

I has a signijer.
QUOTE Thanks
goobimama

goobimama is a jewel in the roughgoobimama is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)

Awaken has proven to be a very simple and easy to use app. And very effective as well...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« A small review - the good, the bad and the ugly | How can you make terminal window transparent? »