New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

What am I doing wrong

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

krusty363

krusty363 is on a distinguished road

Hi, N00b here. Just bought my new iMac but having problems ripping & burning dvd's.

I have got Mac the Ripper and bought Toast Titanium for my Mac but cant manage to get a copy done yet.

I have tried to rip 2 DVD's using Mac the Ripper and on both it has come up with a warning at the end saying the video has 'bad sectors"

I then open Toast and using the DVD_Video from Video_TS option and drag the Video_TS folder from the DVD I have ripped to Toast as instructed it starts compressing and then brings up a box saying
Quote:
" The drive reported an error:
Sense Key = ILLEGAL REQUEST
Sense Code = 0x24
INVALID FIELD IN CDB

I have also tried using Handbrake to rip the dvd's but that scans the dvd saying its scanning the titles but then just freezes

Anyone have any ideas please?? Its an Intel iMac.

BTW purely legal, making copies of ones I've bought for daughter so she can take on holiday with us

Thanks in advance for any help
QUOTE Thanks
munch

munch is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: ibook G4, 1.5gb RAM, 40gb HDD

I only get bad sectors on dvds that have been scratched to holy ****. Go to www.ripdifferent.com and check out their forums. An answer might be there.
QUOTE Thanks
krusty363

krusty363 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the link, I'll try there
QUOTE Thanks
macreamer

macreamer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by krusty363
Hi, N00b here. Just bought my new iMac but having problems ripping & burning dvd's.

I have got Mac the Ripper and bought Toast Titanium for my Mac but cant manage to get a copy done yet.

I have tried to rip 2 DVD's using Mac the Ripper and on both it has come up with a warning at the end saying the video has 'bad sectors"

I then open Toast and using the DVD_Video from Video_TS option and drag the Video_TS folder from the DVD I have ripped to Toast as instructed it starts compressing and then brings up a box saying
Quote:
" The drive reported an error:
Sense Key = ILLEGAL REQUEST
Sense Code = 0x24
INVALID FIELD IN CDB

I have also tried using Handbrake to rip the dvd's but that scans the dvd saying its scanning the titles but then just freezes

Anyone have any ideas please?? Its an Intel iMac.

BTW purely legal, making copies of ones I've bought for daughter so she can take on holiday with us

Thanks in advance for any help
Boot camp your Mac, then you will have the problem of "which ripper do i use"
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Add-On Graphics Cards | *sigh* ok, how does this look? »