New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Unexpectedly Quit

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Jeremy W

Jeremy W will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" iMac G5

Hello everyone,

This question was posted on my corporate PC message board. She has received no responses, so I thought I would put it to the experts. Any idea on what is going on here? Thanks - Jeremy

*** The folks have a new Nikon and tried installing the picture program disk on their eMac and received the following errors:

The application PictureProject has unexpectedly quit.
The system and other applications have not been affected.

Application Launch Failure.
The application 'PictureProject' could not be launched because of a shared library error.

",<PictureProject><PictureProject><Zelkova3><> "

Every time you try to load it .. won't let you get past the 'application' errors. According to the camera requirements, their OS version is fine (OS X 10.1.5). We're wondering if the Canon program that's already on there is causing the problem. And .. we're wondering how does one 'uninstall' a program.

Oh, and, aahh, I'm going to have to go ahead and ask you to come in on Sunday, too...yeah
QUOTE Thanks
surfwax95

surfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" Powerbook G4 24" iMac iPhone 3Gs

There is actually a pretty big difference between pre and post 10.2 releases of OSX. Most programs designed for pre-10.2 will not run on anything past 10.2.

I would imagine that this is your problem. As for "uninstalling", simply drag the program to the trash and empty it.

I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.
QUOTE Thanks
daddykom

Solution:

Goto: http://support.nikontech.com

Enter 13949 to Search Text.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Shortcut keys help | video conferencing with pc's »