New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Cisco VPN Client

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

donfanatico

Hello there,

does anyone know of any URLs I can download Cisco VPN client from?

Help appreciated!
QUOTE Thanks
Brown Study

Brown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to all
Mac Specs: G4 — Tiger and OS 9

This page has a download link.
QUOTE Thanks
donfanatico

Cheers, thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
anupam1008

this link requires a login at cisco.com registered account. I did register with them, but it still does not allow to download the VPN client.

I don't understand why the inbuilt VPN client in Tiger 10.4.7 does not work properly. The VPN icon says it is connected but I still cannot ping any linux machine in my workplace using a terminal window. I assumed my workplace does not work/tunnel properly with Tiger inbuilt VPN so wanted to try the Cisco VPN client but the slightly older version I had installed comes up with error message (see attached file).

So I thought downloading the newer Cisco VPN client version may help, but even that requires a password... and even the online registration at Cisco.com did not help (arggghh !!)

Any help to make the VPN work would be really appreciated. Already there are so few Mac users and those few too choose to be not too keen to support new Windows to Mac switchers.

Anybody reading this please try to help me make the VPN connection to my workplace going ... ?

thanks a lott !!
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

I will be willing to help you however I do not understand your problem because I do not know the error message you are getting

Quote:
(see attached file)
I think you forgot to attach the file. Attach the file (if it is an approved file) or a screen shot of the error message you are getting so we can better understand your problem)

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
jc1350

jc1350 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupam1008
this link requires a login at cisco.com registered account. I did register with them, but it still does not allow to download the VPN client.

I don't understand why the inbuilt VPN client in Tiger 10.4.7 does not work properly. The VPN icon says it is connected but I still cannot ping any linux machine in my workplace using a terminal window. I assumed my workplace does not work/tunnel properly with Tiger inbuilt VPN so wanted to try the Cisco VPN client but the slightly older version I had installed comes up with error message (see attached file).

So I thought downloading the newer Cisco VPN client version may help, but even that requires a password... and even the online registration at Cisco.com did not help (arggghh !!)

Any help to make the VPN work would be really appreciated. Already there are so few Mac users and those few too choose to be not too keen to support new Windows to Mac switchers.

Anybody reading this please try to help me make the VPN connection to my workplace going ... ?

thanks a lott !!
My company uses Cisco VPN, but they most recent client for Mac they have does not work with the Intel Macs. For whatever reason, instead of them getting it, they sent me out to get it myself.

I googled it and got a bunch of hits for the version I was looking for. Most sites were password protected, but there are some that are not. I know I got it from a college/university, but I have no idea which one (I didn't save the link). But, google it and start clicking links. You'll eventually find one that isn't password protected.
QUOTE Thanks
lionel

lionel will become famous soon enough

Wow, i was registered with them, appears i'm no longer registered :/

Oh well, i have my CCNA and ICTE.
QUOTE Thanks
anupam1008

well, the Tiger inbuilt VPN client does get connected to my workplace firewall (the icon says it is connected) but when I open a terminal window, I really cannot telnet or ping any of the machines i can usually do when I am physically in office.

Alternatively, the Cisco VPN client made available by my office is slightly older version (I think 4.7) and after installation - it opens with an error message " cannot connect properly to the VPN subsystem. Make sure you have at least one network adapter with a IP address" ... something like that.

There is another place where which is unprotected where you can download the VPN client (older 4.7) -- I am posting it here - hope it helps other users looking for one - but this is the one which gives the same error message as above.

[see my post below ]

Ideally would be great is someone could post link to download the newer version of this client.
QUOTE Thanks
anupam1008

Well, the Tiger inbuilt VPN client does get connected to my workplace firewall (the icon says it is connected) but when I open a terminal window, I really cannot telnet or ping any of the machines i can usually do when I am physically in office.

Alternatively, the Cisco VPN client made available by my office is slightly older version (I think 4.7) and after installation - it opens with an error message " cannot connect properly to the VPN subsystem. Make sure you have at least one network adapter with a IP address" ... something like that.

<< pls see attachment >>

There is another place where which is unprotected where you can download the VPN client (older 4.7) -- I am posting it here - hope it helps other users looking for one - but this is the one which gives the same error message as above.

[edited: guys use this link to download the newest version 4.9 of cisco vpn client. ... sshhhh ..... :dummy: ]

http://vpn.doit.wisc.edu/download/test/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vpn_error.jpg (43.8 KB, 6 views)
QUOTE Thanks
anupam1008

my VPN works fine now - I think it may have to do something with my Airlink wireless router - I had to remove it from between the Mac and SBC DSL modem.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iSight | Paralells Setup Overview - MacBook »