Specs:
    Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
    Smile Hello there! (Question from a Mac noob)
    Hello there everyone, I have had my MacBook Pro now for about 3 weeks and I must say that I am in love. Although this is not my first experience with a Mac, this is the first I have owned and am very happy/proud of my purchase.

Now on to my question. My system is 1.83 Ghz w/512 MB of RAM, i'm looking to upgrade to a Gig if RAM. I found this place has some good prices but was wondering what the difference was and/or benefit from purchasing the Micron ELPIDA chip. Thanks for any help and I look forward to posting here more often.

Matt.

Im in the same boat.. those are very good prices for a 1 gig stick... I wanna know the answer to this also. Obvlivion is running a little skippy

bump.

Specs:
    MacMini DC 1.66, Powerbook G4
    I think to be on the safe side, you would be better ordering your RAM from Crucial because they guarantee compatibility and use Micron memory.

They also offer a lifetime warranty, just click for your manufacturer and follow the steps on the Crucial Memory Advisorô Tool.
    Fondest regards, Kyomii

My Snapshots

witch one exactly from that site would best go with a macbook pro or witch would be the best choice for it?

Specs:
    Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyomii
    I think to be on the safe side, you would be better ordering your RAM from Crucial because they guarantee compatibility and use Micron memory.

They also offer a lifetime warranty, just click for your manufacturer and follow the steps on the Crucial Memory Advisorô Tool.
    Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

Specs:
    iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
    haha i still think it's funny that it's cheaper to buy two 512 sticks than to buy one 1GB stick.
    the back of our computer looks better than the front of theirs

Quote Originally Posted by Super_boy22
    i can store many dvds on 1 floppy so it's essential to me

Specs:
    iMac Intel Core Duo 17" A Little Piece Of Heaven
    Unless you need space like the iMac Core Duo, then you would need to get a stick of 1Gig Ram.
    It's all good.

Specs:
    G5 1.8GHz, 3GB RAM; Macbook Air
    I just bought a 2 GB kit (two 1 GB sticks) from Kingston. I couldn't believe how much faster it made it. The change was especially noticable in programs like Photoshop.

pcjabber
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyomii

I second that. Crucial rocks!

Specs:
    MBP 1.83GHz, 1.5GB RAM
    Quote Originally Posted by BlindingLights
    haha i still think it's funny that it's cheaper to buy two 512 sticks than to buy one 1GB stick.
    That's because buying a 1GB stick allows you to have an extra slot open. Even though you're paying for less material, you are paying a premium for a higher potential in terms of max RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyommi

Crucial is good stuff, but I'd also recommend RAM from www.otherworldcomputing.com. They have great customer support, and also have an Advanced Warranty Replacement system where they send you out the new replacement RAM w/ packaging to send back the bad RAM. Plus their prices aren't bad either--definitely worth the wonderful customer service in case there's ever a problem.

Thread Information