New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

bootcamp.. how to switch back?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

elildo

elildo is an unknown at this point

i installed xp and the drivers but after the restart it gave me an error saying that the pci.sys driver is missing and it cant load windows. and the driver files cd is in the macbook and i cant take it out to put the windows xp cd back in to install the driver.. whats the key to choose to boot os x?
QUOTE Thanks
lil

Option/Alt on bootup.
QUOTE Thanks
BlindingLights

BlindingLights is a jewel in the roughBlindingLights is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD

hold option, that should work.

Then, you should see two hard drives, one that says Macintosh HD and the other that says "Windows". Click on the Mac one and you'll boot into os x.

If you want to boot into OS X by default, set that in your system prefs in OS X.

the back of our computer looks better than the front of theirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_boy22
i can store many dvds on 1 floppy so it's essential to me
QUOTE Thanks
elildo

elildo is an unknown at this point

thank you... everythign fixed out alright... only thing that sucks is that the eject button is bult into the software.. so os x or windows have to be fully loaded for me to replace disks.

I love the safety of being able to always go back to os x and deleting everything. it really makes windows a side program for running certain things.
QUOTE Thanks
Raymonndo

Raymonndo is on a distinguished road

Can anyone help me out on this? Where is the option key?

Currently in Vista and can't get out.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymonndo View Post
Can anyone help me out on this? Where is the option key?

Currently in Vista and can't get out.

This is on a Mac with an Apple keyboard? If so Option is between Control and Command.
QUOTE Thanks
maz94protege

maz94protege will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo

easiest thing if you have a few dollars to spare, go buy parallels desktop for mac. you can run WINXP/VISTA in a window on OSX. Simple easy to use, when you "reboot WIN" its just restarting the app....not the entire computer.

there may be a trial out there to download.

But bootcamp is a great program, i like the drag and drop capabilities that parallels gives me
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Potential New Mac User. Help! | Mac - Bootcamp (Switching back to OS) »