New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Considering a switch? DO IT! :)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

slyydrr

slyydrr is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 1.83GHz, 1.5GB RAM

I'm feeling happy today. So happy that I feel like flooding the forum with some e-love... okay maybe not flooding but, maybe just sharing some e-love instead...

Truth is, a lot of times, the only thing that circulates around here are posts about issues w/ Macs, because well, why come here and figure out a problem that you don't have?

Now I know this only pertains to the MacBook Pros but well... how many complaints have you heard about other Macs in comparison to the MBPs?

Anyway, here's something to make Good Friday a cheery and happy Friday! A thread full of nothing but POSITIVE TESTIMONIALS!

http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.php?t=292428

Have a great Easter weekend everyone (if you observe it or something).
QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

It's nice to hear that you don't have any issues (with your mac). But every computer, with whatever software is a very complex entity and will run into issues. Remember, we are at the very beginning of the computing age. A time will come when code becomes error free, when all we have to do is combine code in itneresting ways, for it will already be perfectly coded.

Every computer can break, because it's made of so many parts, and tthe software can glitch, because it does an immense amount of work. Just think about it. It displays information stored as 0s and 1s somewhere on a server and turns it into Arial Sans Serif. When I write this post, it will be transferred and when you read it, it will be accessed and retransferred again. It's huge.

So macs ar not problem free, they have less problems though. And I too never had any trouble (touch wood) but it's possible. And it'll be fixed.

Have a nice easter.

If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System.
QUOTE Thanks
slyydrr

So, I guess my intention for this post wasn't to start a discussion about whether or not there is a complexity behind how computers work. It was more to give potential switchers another perspective that they rarely get.

If someone were to come on these forums, it would be hard to think anything other than that the MacBook Pros are ridden with bugs and issues. I was merely posting a link to a collaborative thread of people who are completely satisfied with their purchase, and that the plague of problems that seems to be spreading through the MacBook Pros with a frenzied force, is more or less your TYPICAL handful of problem cases which have surfaced on the internet, as they should.

Obviously computers will run into issues, that's what they do. I mean afterall, they are created by humans who are by no means exempt from errors themselves. I find this completely irrelevant to my original post though (not because I don't know the details of what goes on behind the scenes... I'm a Computer Science Engineer so there's no lacking in the knowledge of that department) as this is true with ALL computers, and therefore can be discarded. I was referring specifically to the few "hot" issues w/ the MacBook Pros, ie., the whine, display inverter noise, etc..

That was the purpose of my post: To point out to people considering a MacBook Pro, or any other Mac or computer or anything. The information on the internet is only a miniscule part of the entire information base out there. Don't let a small sample prevent you from following through on somethign you want.
QUOTE Thanks
munch

munch is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: ibook G4, 1.5gb RAM, 40gb HDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi
It's nice to hear that you don't have any issues (with your mac). But every computer, with whatever software is a very complex entity and will run into issues. Remember, we are at the very beginning of the computing age. A time will come when code becomes error free, when all we have to do is combine code in itneresting ways, for it will already be perfectly coded.

Every computer can break, because it's made of so many parts, and tthe software can glitch, because it does an immense amount of work. Just think about it. It displays information stored as 0s and 1s somewhere on a server and turns it into Arial Sans Serif. When I write this post, it will be transferred and when you read it, it will be accessed and retransferred again. It's huge.

So macs ar not problem free, they have less problems though. And I too never had any trouble (touch wood) but it's possible. And it'll be fixed.

Have a nice easter.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Quote:
Originally Posted by munch
????? Confused are you ?????

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
slyydrr

I think he posted it to essentially say "Wow, be more pessimistic" without having to type any real words.
QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

*lol*

I'm not pessimistic, I'm realistic. Sad fact that reality is rather glum.

What I'm trying to say is, that when we propagate our wonderful macs (and they are wonderful, no doubt) we tend to over-idealize things, and kind of forget that PC's have *some* strong points and Macs have some issues too. Especially new Intel macs.

That's all. I don't want to dampen anyone's hope for the perfect computer coming out later this August or so... but well, you know.

If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System.
QUOTE Thanks
Dlando71

Dlando71 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac 17" Intel

I have nothing but love for my new Imac 17" Intel machine...
I keep hearing about these problems, but i've not experienced any.
QUOTE Thanks
claudius753

claudius753 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz/4 GB/500 GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyydrr
I'm feeling happy today. So happy that I feel like flooding the forum with some e-love... okay maybe not flooding but, maybe just sharing some e-love instead...
Just make sure you use safe practices when spreading your *ahem* e-love. :spook: :dummy: :p

Welcome to the fold, hopefully your Mac will be as trouble free as mine has been.

Nathan Sweeney

Don't forget to use the User Reputation System if someone helps you out!
Come and help save lives by Folding
QUOTE Thanks
Jabjabs

Jabjabs is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1.25Ghz Mini, 512MB, 40GB

Quote:
I'm not pessimistic, I'm realistic. Sad fact that reality is rather glum.
I think I've found a new signature!

Welcome to the mac, enjoy your stay and we all hope its a long a pleasurable one.

Mac Life - Apple Mac computers news, forums and more...

http://www.finiteloops.com
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Switcher Documentation Project | iMac running slow »