New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Key on an iBook??

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

shamanFR

shamanFR is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacMini 1,66 + iMac 20" 2,16 + MacBook 1,83 (512 mo, 2Go, 1Go) + iPod Shuffle/30Go

I am still trying to get used to my new iBook, that I love, but cant seem to figure out the whole keybpard. I am a programmer but cant seem to figure out how make a bracket sign. Also I noticed that there is no delete button, is there a shortcut to this? Please can you guys help me out with this it would be great.

Thanks,

Nick
QUOTE Thanks
puaerotch

puaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: iBook G4 OSX Tiger

the function key (fn) + delete deletes the letter to the right of the cursor if thats what you mean by delete key
QUOTE Thanks
shamanFR

Mac Specs: MacMini 1,66 + iMac 20" 2,16 + MacBook 1,83 (512 mo, 2Go, 1Go) + iPod Shuffle/30Go

Sweet thanks, that was exactly what I was looking for, but can you also help me out with the brackets problem. The more short cuts I can get, the better. I need to get used to using Macs as I am planning on buying a new Mac Intel.

I love Macs.....

Nick
QUOTE Thanks
Brown Study

Brown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to all
Mac Specs: G4 Tiger and OS 9

Is it a French keyboard? Perhaps it doesn't match the language you're using. The Finder's Help menu in a search for keyboard hauled up this:
Quote:
Finding characters for different languages on your keyboard
You can use the Keyboard Viewer to see where characters are located on keyboards used for other languages. For example, you can see how the keys on an Italian keyboard are laid out.
The Keyboard Viewer shows the characters for the keyboard layout or input method selected in the Input menu. For example, if U.S. is chosen in the Input menu, you see the characters that appear on a U.S. keyboard in the Keyboard Viewer.
1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences and click International.
2. Click Input Menu, then select the checkbox next to Keyboard Viewer.
3. Select the On checkbox next to the country's keyboard layout or input method.
4. Choose Show Keyboard Viewer from the Input menu on the right side of the menu bar (the one that looks like a flag).
5. To see the keyboard layout for a different country, choose its keyboard layout from the Input menu.
You can also use the Character Palette to see and type characters used in different languages. For more information, click the link below.
See also
Keyboard Viewer
Character Palette
Input menu
Open this for me
International preferences
QUOTE Thanks
shamanFR

Thanks a million dude, that really helped me out. I can now get anything I want. I just love this about Macs....

Yey,

Nick
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I just ordered an IMAC | A Newbie Question! »