morrowind oblivion on macbook pro?
    do you think morrowind oblivion would run well on the macbook pro with bootcamp?

Specs:
    15" MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz/4 GB/500 GB
    I think it would run extremely well if you had the ram. It recomends 1GB of RAM, 3.0 GHz+ processor, and requires at least 128MB of VRAM.

The MacBook Pro comes with 512MB or 1GB and can be upgraded, and has 256MB of VRAM on the higher model. While the processor is only 2.0GHz, it is dual core so its like having 2 2.0GHz procs.
    Nathan Sweeney

Don't forget to use the User Reputation System if someone helps you out!
    Come and help save lives by Folding

nickpan
    no it's not..its like having two cores...not two processors which enables you to mulitask using physical means rather than the virtual application of hyper threading used in the past

the game should work well with a top spec mbp, however ive heard that apple have been underclocking their gfx cards...dunno if thats still the case

Indiana; there's more than just corn here
    Specs:
    Powerbook G4 1.67 MHz
    Quote Originally Posted by nickpan
    no it's not..its like having two cores...not two processors which enables you to mulitask using physical means rather than the virtual application of hyper threading used in the past

the game should work well with a top spec mbp, however ive heard that apple have been underclocking their gfx cards...dunno if thats still the case
    do try it out, i want to know

Specs:
    1.25Ghz Mini, 512MB, 40GB
    The great news is that Oblivion is built to take advantage of multi core processors (thank the xbox 360 for that one) and will use both of the cores so the performance should be excellent. Call of Duty 2 and Quake 4 also do this so there is lots of Multicore high speed gaming ahead, yay!
    Mac Life - Apple Mac computers news, forums and more...

http://www.finiteloops.com

oblivion runs real good on the macbook in windowed mode.... with my 512 megs of memory it was the only way it would play clearly... the full screen in 1024 skipped a little when outdoors,, the levels are just too huge... I need anotehr 512 stick would that do the trick? what was that site that sold them cheap?

Specs:
    iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
    It runs well? good, b/c I'm getting Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion... I've been dying to play it, heard so many good things about it.
    the back of our computer looks better than the front of theirs

Quote Originally Posted by Super_boy22
    i can store many dvds on 1 floppy so it's essential to me

Specs:
    2.16 MBP, 2GB, 7200 100GB disk | Dual 2Ghz G5, 1.5Gb RAM, 20" cinema | 15" 1.25 PB / 4Gb iPod Nano
    Has anyone tried this with Parallells? I am interested to see what it would run like on a 2.16, 2Gb MBP?

Left Face Down
    Quote Originally Posted by elildo
    oblivion runs real good on the macbook in windowed mode.... with my 512 megs of memory it was the only way it would play clearly... the full screen in 1024 skipped a little when outdoors,, the levels are just too huge... I need anotehr 512 stick would that do the trick? what was that site that sold them cheap?

Turn off the trees and buildings in the distant landscape, it's in the options of the very first thing that pops up. Before the game really starts and you get the main screen.

I had to do that for it not to lag, and show at my normal 1280x800 res (my laptop hates changing res).

All I have to say is I'm a little saddened by my laptops performance on that note, with a Intel Duo 1.86 Ghz, nVidia GeForce Go 7400 (256Mb) and 1 gig of RAM I still can barelly run it. Atleast when running it at my normal res it doesn't throw fits.

Anyways, I'm getting off subject. I'm sorry, I've been playing that game all night. My plans to get a MacBook Pro were ruined, but I still have pondered the idea of getting a Mac in the future when Bootcamp is out of Beta, be it Boot Camp or something else at that time.

Specs:
    iMac Intel Core Duo 17" A Little Piece Of Heaven
    Since you are in the market of getting another stick of RAM, you might as well get a 1Gig stick, so then it will even further extend in the use of gaming.
    It's all good.

Thread Information