Specs:
    imac 1.83 GHz intel duo 1.5 GB
    iMac/Belkin Trouble!
    A couple of days ago I had to buy a UPS for my intel imac. I bought a Belkin 550va. I also decided to install the software that came with it, thinking it would help me to manage everything. Once I installed I started noticing the monitor would try to go to sleep mode when it wasn't supposed to and when I would try to put the mac to sleep it wouldn't do it.

I googled around and found other people with OSX (10.4.5) had the same experience so I decided to uninstall the program and try to leave the battery backup usb connected and see if I can manage the UPS some other way.

Anyway, I tried to erase the program by putting it in the trash, everything was erased except for one item: "Operation cannot be completed because the item "upsd" is in use"

I'm I supposed to leave this one on the computer?

Anyone had problems like this with their battery backup?

**The program Belkin comes with is called Bulldog.

Thanks for any help guys!

Specs:
    G4 Cube
    My wife's iMac has a Belkin UPS. It's quite nice, but we didn't install the software. The Belkin beeps if the power goes out, so I just turn off the iMac manually if that happens. But then, I'm home a lot, so it's a good option for me. Do you leave your computer on 24/7? If not, just uninstall the software and use the UPS as a simple battery backup unit.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by kaidomac
    My wife's iMac has a Belkin UPS. It's quite nice, but we didn't install the software. The Belkin beeps if the power goes out, so I just turn off the iMac manually if that happens. But then, I'm home a lot, so it's a good option for me. Do you leave your computer on 24/7? If not, just uninstall the software and use the UPS as a simple battery backup unit.

I've been trying to uninstall but it won't let me uninstall one of the items on the Belkin folder called "upsd". Now every time I turn on the mac it turns off again after the window for the login comes up. Should I disconnect the battery? Is there some other way to unistall that item?

Thanks for your help!

Specs:
    I wanted to put an update here, just in case. I turned the computer off, disconnected the battery backup usb from the computer and turned the mac on. Then I tried erasing the file again and it finally did. That seemed to fix the problems.

I guess now I'll just do it manually like you kaidomac Thanks for the advice!

Thread Information