New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Changing Printer Profiles

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

scottwdw

scottwdw is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook G4 1.67 15" 2GB RAM 80GB HD Superdisk

For some reason I can't figure this out. I open the Printer Setup Utility, select my Epson Stylus Color 980 printer, start the ColorSync utility and get a set of different profiles.

The blue ball is next to the Standard Profile. I click on that and and I get an arrow button where it looks like I can change the Standard to a different profile. I have tried selecting every profile to no avail. The printer still prints in Standard or Draft mode. Hard to print hi-res pictures that way! :rolleyes:

I must be missing something along the way. Help!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
scottwdw

scottwdw is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook G4 1.67 15" 2GB RAM 80GB HD Superdisk

I checked out some books on OS X Tiger at the local Barnes & Noble this morning and found that there is more to the Print box than I thought. I dropped down the list and under Print Settings I could choose the Print Media.

The Print Media corresponded to the ICC profiles I saw in ColorSync. There I selected Photo paper. This setting had the correct DPI setting I wanted of 720 I like to use for printing Jewel case covers from iTunes. I saved this setting for future use (which I found a nice feature).

I have to keep reminding myself not to think too much with OS X! :mac:
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« noob help please | Recently Switched, LOVING IT »