New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Recently Switched, LOVING IT

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

slyydrr

slyydrr is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 1.83GHz, 1.5GB RAM

Hey all, I recently switched as some of you might know, and just wanted to take the time to post the positive response that rarely makes it onto "paper" here. I haven't had any issues w/ my MacBook Pro, and don't expect that I will. Everything runs great, and OS X is just so intuitive.

I have my laptop set up on my L-shaped desk, a 90 degree turn from my desktop, and since getting the laptop, I haven't used my desktop for ANYTHING besides gaming. And, let me point out (not trying to brag...), my desktop is by no means insignificant in comparison to my MacBook Pro. It's a homebuilt PC, San Diego Core AMD CPU, 2GB RAM, 256MB 7800 GT card, etc., all inside an attractive Lian-Li case, running on a 24" Dell Widescreen display. My point being, I have no reason NOT to use the desktop due to it being outdated... OS X is just that much better of an operating system.

Anyway, I just wanted possible customers to be able to read a positive reaction for once, seeing as most of the people that post about their newly-acquired Mac only seem to post if there's an issue, rather than about their positive experience.

I'm proud to be a member of the Mac community.
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

glad you like it

::thumbs up::
-chris

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
onestep

Glad you are experiencing the joy we have known for so long. Sounds like you are REALLY happy! Congratulations!
QUOTE Thanks
mig.gentry

mig.gentry will become famous soon enough

Hook the MacBook up to the 24 inch Dell....

Dual screen heaven :cool:
QUOTE Thanks
lil

Thumbs up definitely for Dell's displays. The dual 2001FPs (20") screens I have of theirs are simply superb!

Vicky
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Welcome aboard to the world of OSX. Glad you are enjoying it! It's a great OS. Took me hours to get used to it and love it.

Anyway Congrats!!

...Dennis
QUOTE Thanks
playm0de

playm0de has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: 20 inch iMac Core Duo

Apple has more rights to the McDonalds slogan than McDonalds does.
QUOTE Thanks
slyydrr

Hmm I never thought about hooking up the 24" to the laptop... that's a thought... I could even hook it up, put the laptop in front, and raise the monitor high enough so one sits right below the other, haha.

It's def. a thought... maybe I'll give it a try sometime
QUOTE Thanks
AstralZenith

hey slyydrr sorry to say it but switch back macs are aweful
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstralZenith
.....macs are aweful
They certainly are "aweful".... I am in complete and utter awe of the beauty and ease of use of Mac OS X everytime I use my PowerBook.

:black:

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
AstralZenith

D3v1L80Y im impressed you caught that! :biohazard:
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Total AWE! :spook:

If people look carefully at your spelling, they will get it. Fooled me at the very first till I looked more carefully.
QUOTE Thanks
munch

munch is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: ibook G4, 1.5gb RAM, 40gb HDD

I can find a good home for that gaming rig if you want to give it to me!!

I agree that OSX is brilliant. The world would be a better place if everyone used it!
QUOTE Thanks
slyydrr

I think the gaming rig will be sitting right here with me. Now I can really clean it up though and use it for SOLELY that purpose. I plan to do everything but gaming on this thing, and use that only for gaming. It's all riddled w/ software that accumulated throughout my quest towards making my PC feel like a Mac. I was able to trick some friends when they came over (the Lian-Li V1000 case doesn't hurt... I believe they make the G5 cases if I'm not mistaken? Either way it really resembles it) into thinking my desktop was a Mac :p. Now I have the real thing, and it puts the desktop to shame in almost every way, IMHO.
QUOTE Thanks
topshot

I think you should install boot camp for Mac OS X for your gaming, sell your PC rig (keep the monitor though as an external monitor) and use the money on some cool mac gear. Or sell the monitor with it and upgrade to a 30" Apple display! Now that would be nice for gaming.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Changing Printer Profiles | Need some advice. »