Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loving Apple

MuffinMan
    Talking Loving Apple
    Yay just got my mac for Christmas. The Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 and 23" Cinema HD Display.
    I love this computer, I even found myself putting my head on it and petting it, and the display as well.

I'm a gamer, (Yes I know that's not why you switch to a Mac)

Since macs come with a one button click mouse, is there a way on the keyboard that serves as a right click? I play Diablo II: LOD and if you play you'll know as well that it's very frustrating to play without right clicking.

Also, can you buy a 2 button mouse that works for a mac? And a new keyboard so that you don't sacrafice 2 USB ports like the apple keyboard has?

Happy Holidays!
    MuffinMan

Kreza
    Quote Originally Posted by MuffinMan
    Yay just got my mac for Christmas. The Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 and 23" Cinema HD Display.
    I love this computer, I even found myself putting my head on it and petting it, and the display as well.

I'm a gamer, (Yes I know that's not why you switch to a Mac)

Since macs come with a one button click mouse, is there a way on the keyboard that serves as a right click? I play Diablo II: LOD and if you play you'll know as well that it's very frustrating to play without right clicking.

Also, can you buy a 2 button mouse that works for a mac? And a new keyboard so that you don't sacrafice 2 USB ports like the apple keyboard has?

Happy Holidays!
    MuffinMan

whats your LOD Name, I'll give a game some time!!

Fomer
    Yes there are two button mouses.

As for a simulant to the right click - click Apple and Clover leaf thingy for cntrl click aka right click

PRinMD
    I ppicked up a Logitech mouse cause I have to have my scroll wheel and works beatifully :-)

MuffinMan
    Thanks Guys.

Kreza my account is:

Aroa-iiMuffinii@USEast

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
    I have a kensington optical elite which actually has two buttons, two side buttons, and a clickable scroll wheel. And all the buttons are programmable. If you only have one mouse, just use the "alt" or "option" key they are the same key, but sometimes labeled different. Using the Apple/clover leaf key when clicking does not do anything...

Rusyn
    Murlyn,

I have the Logitech 4 button with clickable wheel (the wireless optical one with the rechargable dock). It is great and all, but the buttons aren't really all that programmable. How is the Kensington for programmability?

Specs:
    It's great in my opinion. It comes with MouseWorks.

Which allows you to program commands like: Click, doubl_click, drag, right click, or more clicks, which basically allows you to program clicks when holding down modifier keys. Launch URL, Launch File, Keystrokes, Paste Text, Scroll Up, Scroll Down, Scroll with Mouse, Swap Scrolling Direction, Application Menu, Pop up menu,

Not only can you do the above things globally, but you can also program the mouse to be program specific, so using the right mouse button, globally be a right click, but in Safari use it to scroll, or use it to launch a URL.

You can use button combinations.. so when I click on both front buttons it opens up BBEdit, or when I click both side buttons, it opens Firebird, etc etc

You can have global scrolling speeds, and then application scrolling speeds. And then you can have the wheel button change scrolling directions.

Click Speed, Fine Tuning of acceleration..

Basically.. it rocks

Specs:
    Oh and then when used with iKey.. you can do anything and everything

Specs:
    Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015. 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5. 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3. 512 GB SSD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murlyn
    I have a kensington optical elite which actually has two buttons, two side buttons, and a clickable scroll wheel. And all the buttons are programmable. If you only have one mouse, just use the "alt" or "option" key they are the same key, but sometimes labeled different. Using the Apple/clover leaf key when clicking does not do anything...
    I also use Kensington, although it's wired to the Powerbook. I just switched from PC and missed the versaility of the mouse. So, now I'm happy

HopperJonusFang
    apple are ok but need to stop:

- selling machines with 128mb.. its just silly!

- lower prices, come on, just a tad?

- stop selling laptops with cd-rom drives (i think they might have now but it was still too late)

rant over!

I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
    Specs:
    PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
    What? 128 MB of RAM is just fine. If you need more RAM, get more RAM. Grandma only needs 128 MB.
    The prices are just fine IMO.
    What the hell? A laptop without a CD Drive? Do you live under a rock? Did a car crash into it and it rolled onto your head and damaged your brain? Geeze...
    My PowerBook has a DVD drive in it, and it can burn CDs. THere is a model that will burn DVDs, too, but i have no use for that feature.
    Damnit dude...
    EVERY computer NEEDS a CD/DVD drive... period.

HopperJonusFang
    lol my eMac has 128Mb and it struggles

and secondly, stop trying to sound clever.
    I said CD-ROM meaning READ ONLY drives, meaning every computer should have rewritable drives.

I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
    Specs:
    PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
    Psh. I'll do what I want kthx
    It depends what you do. Photoshop, yeh, defenetly need some RAM. Surfing the net... why bother?
    And there are NO machines on Apple's store with ONLY a rewritable drive.

Aristarchus
    I use the Kensington Optical Mouse 7.0 (the one that is actually a trackball). A bit expensive, but a fantastic device, and the Mouseworks program makes programming the buttons really easy. I'm a fan, if you couldn't tell.

Thread Information