New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Loving Apple

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MuffinMan

Yay just got my mac for Christmas. The Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 and 23" Cinema HD Display.
I love this computer, I even found myself putting my head on it and petting it, and the display as well.

I'm a gamer, (Yes I know that's not why you switch to a Mac)

Since macs come with a one button click mouse, is there a way on the keyboard that serves as a right click? I play Diablo II: LOD and if you play you'll know as well that it's very frustrating to play without right clicking.

Also, can you buy a 2 button mouse that works for a mac? And a new keyboard so that you don't sacrafice 2 USB ports like the apple keyboard has?

Happy Holidays!
MuffinMan
QUOTE Thanks
Kreza

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinMan
Yay just got my mac for Christmas. The Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 and 23" Cinema HD Display.
I love this computer, I even found myself putting my head on it and petting it, and the display as well.

I'm a gamer, (Yes I know that's not why you switch to a Mac)

Since macs come with a one button click mouse, is there a way on the keyboard that serves as a right click? I play Diablo II: LOD and if you play you'll know as well that it's very frustrating to play without right clicking.

Also, can you buy a 2 button mouse that works for a mac? And a new keyboard so that you don't sacrafice 2 USB ports like the apple keyboard has?

Happy Holidays!
MuffinMan

whats your LOD Name, I'll give a game some time!!
QUOTE Thanks
Fomer

Yes there are two button mouses.

As for a simulant to the right click - click Apple and Clover leaf thingy for cntrl click aka right click
QUOTE Thanks
PRinMD

I ppicked up a Logitech mouse cause I have to have my scroll wheel and works beatifully :-)
QUOTE Thanks
MuffinMan

Thanks Guys.

Kreza my account is:

Aroa-iiMuffinii@USEast
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

I have a kensington optical elite which actually has two buttons, two side buttons, and a clickable scroll wheel. And all the buttons are programmable. If you only have one mouse, just use the "alt" or "option" key they are the same key, but sometimes labeled different. Using the Apple/clover leaf key when clicking does not do anything...
QUOTE Thanks
Rusyn

Murlyn,

I have the Logitech 4 button with clickable wheel (the wireless optical one with the rechargable dock). It is great and all, but the buttons aren't really all that programmable. How is the Kensington for programmability?
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all

It's great in my opinion. It comes with MouseWorks.

Which allows you to program commands like: Click, doubl_click, drag, right click, or more clicks, which basically allows you to program clicks when holding down modifier keys. Launch URL, Launch File, Keystrokes, Paste Text, Scroll Up, Scroll Down, Scroll with Mouse, Swap Scrolling Direction, Application Menu, Pop up menu,

Not only can you do the above things globally, but you can also program the mouse to be program specific, so using the right mouse button, globally be a right click, but in Safari use it to scroll, or use it to launch a URL.

You can use button combinations.. so when I click on both front buttons it opens up BBEdit, or when I click both side buttons, it opens Firebird, etc etc

You can have global scrolling speeds, and then application scrolling speeds. And then you can have the wheel button change scrolling directions.

Click Speed, Fine Tuning of acceleration..

Basically.. it rocks
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Oh and then when used with iKey.. you can do anything and everything
QUOTE Thanks
rukind2

rukind2 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 13" Air, 2 Ghz Intel Core i7, 500 SSD, 8G Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlyn
I have a kensington optical elite which actually has two buttons, two side buttons, and a clickable scroll wheel. And all the buttons are programmable. If you only have one mouse, just use the "alt" or "option" key they are the same key, but sometimes labeled different. Using the Apple/clover leaf key when clicking does not do anything...
I also use Kensington, although it's wired to the Powerbook. I just switched from PC and missed the versaility of the mouse. So, now I'm happy
QUOTE Thanks
HopperJonusFang

apple are ok but need to stop:

- selling machines with 128mb.. its just silly!

- lower prices, come on, just a tad?

- stop selling laptops with cd-rom drives (i think they might have now but it was still too late)

rant over!
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux

What? 128 MB of RAM is just fine. If you need more RAM, get more RAM. Grandma only needs 128 MB.
The prices are just fine IMO.
What the hell? A laptop without a CD Drive? Do you live under a rock? Did a car crash into it and it rolled onto your head and damaged your brain? Geeze...
My PowerBook has a DVD drive in it, and it can burn CDs. THere is a model that will burn DVDs, too, but i have no use for that feature.
Damnit dude...
EVERY computer NEEDS a CD/DVD drive... period.
QUOTE Thanks
HopperJonusFang

lol my eMac has 128Mb and it struggles

and secondly, stop trying to sound clever.
I said CD-ROM meaning READ ONLY drives, meaning every computer should have rewritable drives.
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux

Psh. I'll do what I want kthx
It depends what you do. Photoshop, yeh, defenetly need some RAM. Surfing the net... why bother?
And there are NO machines on Apple's store with ONLY a rewritable drive.
QUOTE Thanks
Aristarchus

I use the Kensington Optical Mouse 7.0 (the one that is actually a trackball). A bit expensive, but a fantastic device, and the Mouseworks program makes programming the buttons really easy. I'm a fan, if you couldn't tell.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Entourage or Mail? | Uninstalling Applications »