Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Switcher Hangout (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/switcher-hangout/)
-   -   Greetings y'all! (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/switcher-hangout/32737-greetings-yall.html)

AlienDNA 03-28-2006 06:57 PM

Greetings y'all!

Yes, I've come to the dark side! After decades of being a Microsoft Goon, I finally got fed up and ordered myself an MBP. I presume I'll be flooding the forum with all sorts of dumb questions soon. Great to meet you folks!

rman 03-28-2006 07:29 PM

Congrats on your new system purchase. :)

macmini3399 03-28-2006 07:40 PM

Welcome To M-F, And btw here its the light side,lol

fearlessfreap24 03-28-2006 08:17 PM

welcome to the forums. what is all the alphabet soup in your sig?

to_tough_to_die 03-28-2006 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlienDNA
Yes, I've come from the dark side! After decades of being a Microsoft Goon, I finally got fed up and ordered myself an MBP. I presume I'll be flooding the forum with all sorts of dumb questions soon. Great to meet you folks!

Fixed.

Seriously though, welcome to MacForums, glad to see more switchers. If you have any questions about the forums, feel free to ask.

Carla 03-28-2006 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fearlessfreap24

LOL, I couldn't figure it out either.

WELCOME AlienDNA! :biohazard

UncSki1218 03-28-2006 09:14 PM

yeah dont worry...we've all asked plenty of dumb questions. a lot of the time using the search function on the top really helps.

digital john 03-28-2006 10:59 PM

Welcome to the forums bro...This is where it gets fun to use a computer again.

slyydrr 03-28-2006 11:37 PM

Quote:

I'm wondering if it has anything to do w/ his profession/major.

Maybe Business Communications?

MCP is a title for a Microsoft Certified something... (I think it has something to do w/ being SQL certified).

Anyone else w/ ideas? :D

evolve 03-28-2006 11:52 PM

Welcome.

BigBear 03-29-2006 12:09 AM

welcome to mac-forums!

AlienDNA 03-29-2006 06:57 AM

Quote:

Hehehe! It's a response to all the pretentious twaddle that was so prevalent on Usenet (Anyone remember Usenet? Anyone?) in the '90s:

B.Comm (my actual degree! Bachelor of Commerce)
MCP (okay, this one's real too. I am indeed a Microsoft Certified Professional. But I admitted up front I was an MS Goon :ninja: )
MX5 (I own a Miata)
PADI (added this after getting my diving certification)
PDQ (pretty darn quick. I used to be able to run really fast! I should probably take this out now.)
FEB(tm) (Fellowship of Elitist B*stards (trademark) - and, no, you can't join. After all we're elitist and we're B*stards! ;) )

And the "No Relation To Julia" is in there because I'm so very tired of every rental car agent and hotel clerk I meet asking me "So how's your sister?" when they see my name. :)

yogi 03-29-2006 10:06 AM

Well, do you have a sister? Just kidding.

Welcome to Macworld... er .. I mean, the Mac world (i should stop looking at my on User Pic so much).

Can't wait for those "dumb" questions.

Jabjabs 03-29-2006 10:36 AM

Remember, there is no such thing as a dumb question, only dumb answers. Lucky very few dumb answers come from here.

Welcome aboard, and I think you will find you have switch from the dark side not to it. ;)

Pierre 03-29-2006 10:50 AM

I really like this forum's attitude in general... I've tried others and ... no. Hehe