Thread: Java Problem

High Wycombe, Just outside London, England
    Specs:
    20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz
    Java Problem
    Hi all,

I have a problem in that I am unable to use a Java program in Safari. I can use the program on my Win XP laptop so I know that it works. However when I try and bring the program up in Safari all I get is a little red X on the top left corner. I have followed the instructions elsewhere on making sure that I have the most up to date version which I do but it has made no difference.

Any suggestions? Oh and if you want to try the page yourselves it is http://www.mini.co.uk/ and is on the spec your own Mini page.

Specs:
    20" 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo iMac, 1.5 GHZ PPC Mac Mini, MacBook MB403LL/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Say_Cheese
    Hi all,

I have a problem in that I am unable to use a Java program in Safari. I can use the program on my Win XP laptop so I know that it works. However when I try and bring the program up in Safari all I get is a little red X on the top left corner. I have followed the instructions elsewhere on making sure that I have the most up to date version which I do but it has made no difference.

Any suggestions? Oh and if you want to try the page yourselves it is http://www.mini.co.uk/ and is on the spec your own Mini page.
    Interestingly, with Safari, I had no problem at the initial page (dependent on Flash), whereas Opera won't detect/recognize the Flash player. Now, in Safari, once I got to the "spec your own Mini" page, I too saw the "red x". I pasted that page link into Opera, and the Java functionality worked fine there. Odd, because I see other Flash apps just fine in Opera, and other Java apps just fine in Safari, so I suppose it's the site that's a bit wonky. Two browsers seem to accomplish what you need to do though.

Mark

Specs:
    20" 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo iMac, 1.5 GHZ PPC Mac Mini, MacBook MB403LL/A
    The entire site works fine in Firefox.

Mark

High Wycombe, Just outside London, England
    Specs:
    20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz
    Ok, thanks. I have not had this Mac long and was beginning to wonder if it was just my Mac that would not display the page. I guess if you are getting the same problem then it is the site that is up the spout. I may email Mini and let them know that there site is incompatible with a Mac. They may be interested to know.

Thread Information