New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Java Problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Say_Cheese

Say_Cheese has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz

Hi all,

I have a problem in that I am unable to use a Java program in Safari. I can use the program on my Win XP laptop so I know that it works. However when I try and bring the program up in Safari all I get is a little red X on the top left corner. I have followed the instructions elsewhere on making sure that I have the most up to date version which I do but it has made no difference.

Any suggestions? Oh and if you want to try the page yourselves it is http://www.mini.co.uk/ and is on the spec your own Mini page.
QUOTE Thanks
geekboy2000

geekboy2000 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 20" 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo iMac, 1.5 GHZ PPC Mac Mini, MacBook MB403LL/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say_Cheese
Hi all,

I have a problem in that I am unable to use a Java program in Safari. I can use the program on my Win XP laptop so I know that it works. However when I try and bring the program up in Safari all I get is a little red X on the top left corner. I have followed the instructions elsewhere on making sure that I have the most up to date version which I do but it has made no difference.

Any suggestions? Oh and if you want to try the page yourselves it is http://www.mini.co.uk/ and is on the spec your own Mini page.
Interestingly, with Safari, I had no problem at the initial page (dependent on Flash), whereas Opera won't detect/recognize the Flash player. Now, in Safari, once I got to the "spec your own Mini" page, I too saw the "red x". I pasted that page link into Opera, and the Java functionality worked fine there. Odd, because I see other Flash apps just fine in Opera, and other Java apps just fine in Safari, so I suppose it's the site that's a bit wonky. Two browsers seem to accomplish what you need to do though.

Mark
QUOTE Thanks
geekboy2000

geekboy2000 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 20" 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo iMac, 1.5 GHZ PPC Mac Mini, MacBook MB403LL/A

The entire site works fine in Firefox.

Mark
QUOTE Thanks
Say_Cheese

Say_Cheese has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz

Ok, thanks. I have not had this Mac long and was beginning to wonder if it was just my Mac that would not display the page. I guess if you are getting the same problem then it is the site that is up the spout. I may email Mini and let them know that there site is incompatible with a Mac. They may be interested to know.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Greetings from a recent switcher... | Importing from Outlook to Mac »