New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Best program for downloading music

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

playm0de

playm0de has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: 20 inch iMac Core Duo

I used to use soulseek but its not available on mac. The mac version, Soulseex, isnt nearly as good. Whatre some good programs to download music with?
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

iTunes
QUOTE Thanks
iWonder

iWonder is a jewel in the roughiWonder is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameis
iTunes
*adds support*
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

If you mean legal downloads (which you better on this site) then e-music is pretty good. Lots of new and indy stuff....

QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

I get all my music of a iTunes.. well most of it any way.. the others are cds I burn in either I buy them or borrow from a friend (just borrowed a cd from a friend of a band from our high school and ripped it into iTunes)

good luck getting your music.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
EDIT-XTREEM

EDIT-XTREEM has a spectacular aura about

Use iTunes, it is not worth such big fines for not paying, think of it as stealing, if you saw the album on the shelf in a store, would you grab it with out anyone seeing or would you take it up to the cash and pay.

Mac Pro (Early 2009) 8 Core 2.26 GHz, 6 GB Ram, 640 GB Drive. Dell 2408WFP.
QUOTE Thanks
zap2

iTunes, if better then any P2P for find music, also it 99, not that much money
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

99 cents is a stupid fee to pay, it should be 1 dollar because after you have purchased all your songs.. you are left with alot of single pennies you can't do anything with which is annoying (i guess its good because after every 99 songs you buy you pretty much get one free) but still. It just looks annoying to the point that i can't wait to refill my account so it doesn't look like that, lol

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
Say_Cheese

Say_Cheese has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz

iTunes is the only one that I use.
QUOTE Thanks
maz94protege

maz94protege will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo

Rhapsody is out too, and in MacWorld Mag it has new support for Ipods too. Im checking it out, but iTunes is easy and simple. Cant beat it!
QUOTE Thanks
WhiteYfz

WhiteYfz is an unknown at this point

i have to say. i use limewire.. i cant afford to use i tunes
QUOTE Thanks
claudius753

claudius753 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz/4 GB/500 GB

I'll admit I use LimeWire too, but I always try to find the music I want in iTunes first. If the song isn't available from iTunes, I may use LimeWire, but I prefer to buy it. I just don't like buying a whole physical album from a store when I only like one or two songs, and if I can't find them individually from iTunes, I do sometimes stoop to LimeWire. I'll admit I also use LimeWire to get bootleg recordings of live shows. A lot of the music I like is from the 80's so I wasn't able to be at the concerts, but I still like to hear what it would have been like.

I always buy the whole album of my favorite bands, but sometimes there are 'one hit wonders' that I like and I refuse to buy the whole album for one song I like. Maybe more artists and labels will see the value in iTunes and other online digital music stores, and I will one day be able to get anything I want from them...

Nathan Sweeney

Don't forget to use the User Reputation System if someone helps you out!
Come and help save lives by Folding
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerBookG4
99 cents is a stupid fee to pay, it should be 1 dollar because after you have purchased all your songs.. you are left with alot of single pennies you can't do anything with which is annoying (i guess its good because after every 99 songs you buy you pretty much get one free) but still. It just looks annoying to the point that i can't wait to refill my account so it doesn't look like that, lol
get a bank of america checking and savings account and then sign up for keep the change, they will put you rpenny into your savings from your checking at the end of the day and then match it for the next 3 months!!!

i normally go to sam goody to get my music, but will occasionally pick up something off of a torrent site

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteYfz
i have to say. i use limewire.. i cant afford to use i tunes
Acquisition is so much better than Limewire on the Mac.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
iWonder

iWonder is a jewel in the roughiWonder is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.

interesting coming from a mod... buut.. i use acqlite, a lite version of acquisition. dont tell anyone.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New Crisis! Torn! | ical syncronisation »