Gotta love the PowerBook
    This single instance has prolly made me a Mac user for life. Last night I worked on my website for 10 hours straight...literally. The entire 10 hours, I had MSN, PhotoShop CS, DreamWeaver, iTunes, Safari, and FireFox all running at once. I was switching back and fourth between apps prolly every 2 minutes, had a good 4-5 tabs open in Safari, and was editing several pages on my website. The entire 10 hours, nothing froze up, nothing lagged, nothing shut down, no glitches, NOTHING. It ran flawlessly for 10 hours doing some pretty major multitasking. I was switching back and fourth between PS, DW, Safari, and iTunes constantly, and never had any lag or instability whatsoever. I couldn't dream of doing this on any of the PCs I've owned. I'm running a 1.5GHz PB G4 w/768MB. I've owned a 2.5GHz AMD Athlon machine, and a Dell 6000D w/1.73GHZ Centrino and 1GB, and neither of those systems, even brand new with a fresh install of XP, could EVER handle this for 10 hours straight without lagging like crazy or having atleast one of the programs crash somewhere down the line. Then I come to find that OSX comes with Apache preinstalled so I can test my website on my local network! Unreal. I guess after being a Windows victim for 10+ years it's hard to get used to the idea of relentless stability and consistent performance.

nice, why were us running FireFox and Sarari at the same time?

New Jersey
    Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
    probably so he could test his website on more then one browser as he worked.
    My Website
    I love my hosting company!
    I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006

Quote Originally Posted by PowerBookG4
    probably so he could test his website on more then one browser as he worked.
    Bingo. I'm pretty paranoid about cross browser stability, lol. I use Safari and FF when I'm on my local machine, then I use two other Windows boxes that are in the house to see how the site looks with different screen sizes, resolutions, other browsers, etc.

Thread Information