Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Specs:
    20 inch iMac Core Duo
    Firewire, 4g 40 gig ipod. I dont know if its formatted. Whenever I try to turn it on an icon of a folder comes up. The mouse thing is really bugging me. Say if I wanted to click the red dot to close the window, if I move the arrow in the proximity of the red dot then try to move it the rest of the way to the red dot it moves really slow.

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Give USB Overdrive a try. It should help you speed it up a bit.

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/13443

If the iPod has a icon of a folder, there is something gone wrong with the iPod. Sounds like it's hard drive.

Specs:
    20 inch iMac Core Duo
    Shoot...I have all of my fried sony computer's files on it. So now all of my files are gone...

Specs:
    20 inch iMac Core Duo
    Is there any way to permanently set the Safari text larger? It always reverts back to small text when I open a new window.

Tiranis
    Go to Safari > Preferences and choose the tab that says "Advanced". Once you're there, check "Never use font sizes smalller than ..." and choose whatever size you want (in pixels).

Specs:
    20 inch iMac Core Duo
    Awesome thanks Tiranis. Wow this computer keeps getting better. Anyone know what to clean the white apple keyboard with?

Specs:
    20 inch iMac Core Duo
    If a program freezes how do I end it?

Specs:
    20 inch iMac Core Duo
    Sorry guys more questions. If Im using front row, how can I have the music play but have the screen display nothing? How do I put the computer on sleep? How do I restart and turn off the computer?

Specs:
    iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
    1) if a program freezes hold down: apple + option + esc then force quit the app.
    2) i dont understand
    3) go to the top left theres a blue apple, click it and all the options are at the bottom of the menu.

Tiranis
    [Looks like I was too slow ]

To quit a program that has frozen click and hold the program's icon in the dock and then press option [alt] and select "Force Quit".

Also, I don't know why you would want to use Front Row to play music but display nothing. Just use iTunes and black screensaver? Maybe I just don't understand what you mean...

Putting computer to sleep, restarting, and turning off are quire simple tasks... just use the blue Apple logo in the menu bar on top.

Maybe you should just read the beginner's guide that came with your new iMac? I know I had some kind of tutorial bundled with my iMac G5.

Specs:
    20 inch iMac Core Duo
    Well for playing music in front row and displaying nothing...I want to play music while Im going to sleep but not have the screen showing anything so it wont be bright. Thanks for the help with the restart stuff.

Thread Information