New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Convince Me...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

caveatipss

...to buy a Mac Mini (with highest specs).
QUOTE Thanks
Say_Cheese

Say_Cheese has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz

It is the BEST system you will ever buy.

End of Argument.......

Actually I can expand a bit more..........

If you want a system that is stable, and hassle free, intuitive and has a great set of features already bundled then go for it. If however you want to have to constantly restart your computer and have nothing but trouble then go for Windows XP.
QUOTE Thanks
caveatipss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say_Cheese
It is the BEST system you will ever buy.

End of Argument.......

Actually I can expand a bit more..........

If you want a system that is stable, and hassle free, intuitive and has a great set of features already bundled then go for it. If however you want to have to constantly restart your computer and have nothing but trouble then go for Windows XP.
LOL after typing my post, I had to restart my XP laptop because it froze hahahaha
QUOTE Thanks
TS1AWD

TS1AWD is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac Aluminum, 20", 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB of Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveatipss
LOL after typing my post, I had to restart my XP laptop because it froze hahahaha
Please explain this "freezing" you talk of???? I'm confused
QUOTE Thanks
puaerotch

puaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: iBook G4 OSX Tiger

Quote:
sounds like reason enough to buy a mac
QUOTE Thanks
EDIT-XTREEM

EDIT-XTREEM has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelstumpf
sounds like reason enough to buy a mac
the only thing is that it appers that after you buy a mac, your grammer skills disappear!

Mac Pro (Early 2009) 8 Core 2.26 GHz, 6 GB Ram, 640 GB Drive. Dell 2408WFP.
QUOTE Thanks
Kokopelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDIT-XTREEM
the only thing is that it appers that after you buy a mac, your grammer skills disappear!
Yes, grammar skills do too. (The most annoying thing about using Camino is the lack of a built in spell checker.)
QUOTE Thanks
puaerotch

puaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: iBook G4 OSX Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDIT-XTREEM
don't be so hard on yourself, you only misspelled one word in that post
QUOTE Thanks
EDIT-XTREEM

EDIT-XTREEM has a spectacular aura about

oops..

i guess spelling also get worse!

,maybe it is just sitting on my mac typing away on mac forums!

Mac Pro (Early 2009) 8 Core 2.26 GHz, 6 GB Ram, 640 GB Drive. Dell 2408WFP.
QUOTE Thanks
Say_Cheese

Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz

Maybe. Anyway the fact that you had to restart after typing a post is a good enough reason to buy a mac. Now all you got to do is decide which one you want to go for. I mean the mac mini is good but you also might want to look at the iMac depending on what it is that you do.
QUOTE Thanks
Berman

Quote:
hahaha.. i think that's a sign from god

well one reason is that you will never have that happen again.
QUOTE Thanks
BlindingLights

BlindingLights is a jewel in the roughBlindingLights is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD

Well, I always wanted to get a Mac, and debated it. My only issue was that base prices of a mac were kinda high. I mean, a month before I bought my iMac, I maxed out a Dell XPS M140... okay didn't max it out, but fairly good specs- 512 RAM, 80 GB hard drive, good video card, and so on... but it was at a fairly low price-under $1000. Now, macs START at that price (minus the mini,but add a good monitor over 20" and you're looking at like $800)... then again the Dell ended up having a bunch of apps not working, so I returned it a few weeks later

Just go to an Apple Store when you have an hour or two free and talk to the people there and try out a few macs. If you're convinced, get one. It'll be the greatest choice of your life.

But it's all down to what you think. If you can afford one, go for it.

the back of our computer looks better than the front of theirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_boy22
i can store many dvds on 1 floppy so it's essential to me
QUOTE Thanks
caveatipss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindingLights
Well, I always wanted to get a Mac, and debated it. My only issue was that base prices of a mac were kinda high. I mean, a month before I bought my iMac, I maxed out a Dell XPS M140... okay didn't max it out, but fairly good specs- 512 RAM, 80 GB hard drive, good video card, and so on... but it was at a fairly low price-under $1000. Now, macs START at that price (minus the mini,but add a good monitor over 20" and you're looking at like $800)... then again the Dell ended up having a bunch of apps not working, so I returned it a few weeks later

Just go to an Apple Store when you have an hour or two free and talk to the people there and try out a few macs. If you're convinced, get one. It'll be the greatest choice of your life.

But it's all down to what you think. If you can afford one, go for it.
Unfortunately, there are no Apple stores in this city. I would have to go to New Orleans I think. So I have to buy untried, sight-unseen. Ihave used a powerbook before and liked it, but I stupidly dropped it and broke it before I could really try it out lol.
QUOTE Thanks
Say_Cheese

Go for it. You will NOT regret it.
QUOTE Thanks
digital john

digital john has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook

Sure you can make the argument that a Windows machine is cheaper but once you factor in all the stress, hassle, and time lost dealing with problems Windows brings to the table I GARUNTEE you will be thankful you paid a little more.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« OSX doesn't self-destruct like over time Windows, I'd hope? | Keyboard Shortcuts, 2 Questions »