New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Beach Ball....

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

farmcock

farmcock has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I have the 20" iMac Intel duo and think it's great. Within the last few days however, I have downloaded Mac the Ripper, DVD2on2x and limewire. I got a bunch of songs from limewire last night as well as a few mpeg clips. I noticed since then that I will get the little spinning beach ball for a few seconds,(literally, seconds) when I click on applications or even when I select a song in iTunes. Sometimes have to select the song a second time before it kicks in.

I did a restart last night after all this to hopefully allow the computer to regroup. I had a PC once that got all screwed up from downloading stuff from Kazaa and napster. i hope this doesn't start with my Mac. I'm trying to be careful what I download.

Any advice? - Isn't there something in system preferences that needs to occassionally be cleared out? Seems i read that somewhere.
QUOTE Thanks
munch

munch is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: ibook G4, 1.5gb RAM, 40gb HDD

The beach ball you are seeing is similar to the sand clock thing in windows. It's just saying, "hey, wait a second." That's all.
QUOTE Thanks
Jabjabs

Jabjabs is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1.25Ghz Mini, 512MB, 40GB

I get this problem as well sometimes, today it hanged on it for around 3 minutes and this was just to open a folder with 3 files in it! It's been like thisever since I upgraded for 10.4.2 to 10.4.4/5.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« If not Virtual PC, what ?? | Newb ?'s--easy for someone I hope »