New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

OS 10.7.5 - iPhoto 6.0.6 - D70 Nikon

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ipurr4u

ipurr4u is on a distinguished road

Hello,
I've had Macs for a while, but still consider myself in the learning stage.

I'm having trouble with moving photos from my Nikon to iPhoto on my Macbook Pro since I updated to Lion. Are there any known issues to anyone's knowledge, or ? Thanks for any help you can suggest…
"Cat Nanny"
QUOTE Thanks
Gandalph

Gandalph has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac. Intel Quad Core. 8 GB Ram.

No problems that I know of. I use a Nikon and have never had any trouble with the transfers.

 Machine Specs: 27" i7 iMac l 2.8 GHz Quad Core l 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR 3 Ram l ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB Ram l 2 TB Sata HDD l 2 TB Time Machine [Seagate GoFlex. Firewire 800] l Built-in OPTIARC DVD RW AD-5680H l Built-in Card reader l Mac OS X 10.9.4 Mavericks I iPhone 4S 16 GB iOS 7.1
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Nikon D-80 using 10.9.2 with no issues.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
I'm having trouble with moving photos from my Nikon to iPhoto on my Macbook Pro since I updated to Lion. Are there any known issues to anyone's knowledge, or ? Thanks for any help you can suggest…
Did you install, and are you using the Nikon software? If you are, remove it and try uploading your photos to iPhoto again.
QUOTE Thanks
nickyr

nickyr is a jewel in the roughnickyr is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: late 2012 IMac 27", mid 2010 Macbook, OSX 10.9.4, iPhone 5, iPad 3, iOS 7, Apple TV 3, iPod Classic

are you using a card reader or connecting your camera to your mac via usb?

It was here in Hamburg that the Rutles found themselves far from home, and far from talented.

QUOTE Thanks
ipurr4u

I'm using a USB connection.
QUOTE Thanks
nickyr

Mac Specs: late 2012 IMac 27", mid 2010 Macbook, OSX 10.9.4, iPhone 5, iPad 3, iOS 7, Apple TV 3, iPod Classic

OK it's possible there could be a problem with the usb lead or the actual card itself being corrupted.

Are you able to plug your camera into another computer to rule this out?

It was here in Hamburg that the Rutles found themselves far from home, and far from talented.

QUOTE Thanks
ipurr4u

Yes, I'm able to transport photos to my desktop, it's still using IMac, 10.6.8

Thanks to others who have replied--I'm having trouble navigating on this site as I'm not familiar with using it and how to reply to everyone…am a senior citz, lol…please have patience with me!
QUOTE Thanks
nickyr

At least you can get them off your camera onto your mac so that proves that the card and cable are OK.

When you say you can't import them to iPhoto, what exactly are you encountering? Do you get an error message at all?

QUOTE Thanks
ipurr4u

No msg window reporting error…I wait for transport but nothing happens...
QUOTE Thanks
nickyr

How exactly are you trying to import your images into iPhoto if they are already on your desktop?

QUOTE Thanks
nickyr

Sorry, forget the last post. So, with your D70 you can import images onto your desktop on your iMac running 10.6

But you can't import them onto your MBP running 10.7.

On your MBP, can you open an application called Image Capture?

QUOTE Thanks
ipurr4u

Yes, I can use Image Capture.
QUOTE Thanks
ipurr4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyr View Post
How exactly are you trying to import your images into iPhoto if they are already on your desktop?
I'm sorry… MBP (laptop) is the computer with the problem. The iMac is the large desktop computer onto which I'm able to transport from my Nikon.
QUOTE Thanks
ipurr4u

Clarifying what I meant to say is that I used "desktop" to mean my large, iMac, with which I'm able to transfer photos to iPhoto.
And I can use "Grab" to capture an image.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Email Glitch | Email problems »