Thread: Slow mail app

Slow mail app
    Six month old Air running Mavericks.

Last night I was trying to email a customer with some pictures imbedded in the mail. The app was very slow to load or respond and finally locked up. I did a force quit and after that all the functions were as they should be but Mail is still very slow to load.

When I want to open the program, it first loads the tool bar and then after about ten seconds the various mailboxes start appearing along the left side of the screen. Finally, after 15 or 20 seconds it is ready to be used.

This only just started. Before it would load quite quickly. All my other programs seem to be functioning normally and opening as they always were.

Any ideas where I should look?

Slow Mail Program
    Quote Originally Posted by Boatworker View Post
    Six month old Air running Mavericks.

Last night I was trying to email a customer with some pictures imbedded in the mail. The app was very slow to load or respond and finally locked up. I did a force quit and after that all the functions were as they should be but Mail is still very slow to load.

When I want to open the program, it first loads the tool bar and then after about ten seconds the various mailboxes start appearing along the left side of the screen. Finally, after 15 or 20 seconds it is ready to be used.

This only just started. Before it would load quite quickly. All my other programs seem to be functioning normally and opening as they always were.

Any ideas where I should look?
    I don't have an answer, but just wanted to chime in that this has just started to happen on my MBP also! It seems to have started with the upgrade to Mavericks! I am now unable to attach a file to an e-mail message--when I choose the file to attach, I get a permanent spinning beach ball and the computer locks up. I have to force quit. The only way around this that I have found is to right-click on the file I want to attach, and then paste it into the e-mail. This at least allows me to attach it. This is very frustrating! I thought I was the only one who was having problems with Mail. Thanks for sharing--hopefully, we'll both find out how to resolve this issue.

Thread Information