New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Macbook Air and iLok

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Tim Weller

Tim Weller is on a distinguished road

Another day, another question. I am running a new Macbook Air and recently bought an M-Audio audio interface for recording. It came with Protools Express, which requires an iLOK USB to work. There's a whole process to work through to download the software and register the iLok. I worked my way through the process, but must have missed a step somewhere. I have yet to see a screen that prompts me for my authorization code for the ProTools Express and subsequently I cant get this thing going. Does anyone have any experience with the iLok? Any suggestions would be appreciated..
QUOTE Thanks
Tim Weller

Tim Weller is on a distinguished road

So, I have since found the way to the activation page, but ran into a new snag. The iLOK activation page accepts numbers only, and my authorization code has letters and numbers in it. Could there be a difference between an "authorization" code and an "activation" code? That is the only code that came with the product.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), BenQ second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB

Give the company a phone call on Monday? Couldn't hurt, I'll wager they've gotten this question before ...
QUOTE Thanks
Buc021

Buc021 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 13 i5 (2012) , iPhone5 16GB (white), iPhone4 8GB (white), iPad2 64GB 3G, Apple TV

Perhaps you should also consider Logic Pro X (299 USD only!). It is a bargain! It supports 64 bit plugins only and there is no trouble installing it.

I have loaded mine with a bunch of instruments/plugins: (most importantly: Toontrack EZkeys -Grand Piano/Grand Electric/Upright- , Studio Devil plugins, Guitar Rig Pro 5.1, Vox Amplifiers Plugin, Mathew Lane DrMS 4.0 plugin, Nomad Factory plugins, Plugin Alliance (all plugins), Soundtoys plugins etc etc).

All these plugins I use are also available in Protools by the way and are highly recommendable!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« External hard drive help | Entourage help »