converting .opus files for itunes
    How to do?

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    We need a lot more information. What are you trying to do? What software do you have (OS, etc.)? What have you tried? Are you looking to spend money or keep the cost minimal?
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

I am running Os X 10.7.5 on a macbook pro retina mid 2012. I have music that is formatted in .opus files that I want to add to my iTunes library . So I need to be able to convert from .opus to a format accepted by itunes (Mp3?).

Doesn t seem reasonable to spend much on software for what should be a one time conversion but I haven t found anything that is setup to convert this file type .

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    It looks like opus files are actually ogg files which means that it's not all that esoteric. The first thing that I found was this. It is shareware but if you only need to do this once, you could download the demo, do your thing and then uninstall it.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Specs:
    2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone 6+
    Did a little poking around and it appears VLC can play the files. If it can play them you can probably use VLC to convert to other iTunes friendly formats VLC refers to this process as transcoding.

I have not personally tested vlc with this type conversion. Although I don't anticipate file damage it's best to work on a copy of the file till you know for sure.
    Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling

opus transcoding
    Hi,

Opus is in an ogg container but it is different than ogg vorbis, which is what many people think of when they hear ogg.

Opus is a codec developed for streaming / WebRTC but it is also a very good audio codec for non-streaming purposes as well.

It is free software, you can get an Opus decoder for the command-line that will turn an Opus file into a wav or aiff file and then use iTunes to re-encode it into mp3 or aac.

Hopefully soon Apple will support it in their audio framework as it is necessary for WebRTC.

Thread Information