New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

sytem error -50

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Alan47

Alan47 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2.93Ghz Quad core Intel Zeon - ATI Radeon HD4870 512MB - 8gigs Ram - FCS2

Hi.
I am coming up with a system error -50 when attempting to bring in some large video files to my mac pro, osx 10.6.8. I tried opening the files in Quicktime Player 7 and exporting them to an internal drive using codec Pro Res. two of the smaller files (approx 75 gigs) exported fine, but the larger file (approx 128 gigs) although exporting okay, when opened up in FCP 6 sticks at 1 hour 37 mins of the 2hour 21min duration of the video file. Does anyone have any idea how to overcome this problem?
Many thanks, Alan
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Read the following thread from the Apple Support Community forums. Although the thread is from 2010 it also describes and applies to what is happening with your large video file. LINK
QUOTE Thanks
Alan47

Alan47 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2.93Ghz Quad core Intel Zeon - ATI Radeon HD4870 512MB - 8gigs Ram - FCS2

Thank you, read the thread, but not really helpful to me. I have since obtained the original files on a different external HD, and they came into my Mac without a hitch, so can only assume that there was a problem with the Lacie HD that I had been given in the first place. Thanks again for taking the time to offer your thoughts, Very much appreciated. Alan
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Looking to delete/deactivate account? | Mac Experiment »