New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Question about music transfer to new iMac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tzonline

tzonline is on a distinguished road

Looking for the best software (I don't mind paying for it) to easily transfer all of my music from my two iPod's, iPad and iPhone to my new iMac. I want my iMac to be my centralized hub for all of my music and I have been searching and searching for the right program. Looked for an hour or so last night and decided to give DiskAid a try, only to find out that it will only transfer 20 songs for free and then they want you to register and pay $29.99. Reviews came back all over the board on this software so I decided to hold off on purchasing. Figured I would look into a forum for answers and ended up here. Thank you in advance for any advice or suggestions!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Is the music on your old Mac or PC? I'm assuming from your question that the music you wish to transfer to your new Mac is only on your mobile devices and nowhere else?

Because any application that can transfer music from your mobile devices to your Mac into iTunes is not going to be free. The one application that I usually recommend works very well according to users.

Senuti = $18.99 for a license. They also offer a free trial.
QUOTE Thanks
tzonline

actually just tried to download Senuti and I received some errors about not working with current version of OS. I did upgrade this week to Mavericks, do you think that this is a problem?
QUOTE Thanks
tzonline

Also, I had all my music in iTunes on my PC (HP Laptop) and moved it all to my iPod Classic in order to transfer to new iMac. I was planning on transferring over using my Western Digital backup drive but it has been malfunctioning in a major way. I purchased an Airport Time Capsule for backup purposes and thought that I would be able to transfer the music over through that but my HP Laptop will not recognize the Airport Time Capsule when I tried to hook it up directly.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

The current version of Senuti may have to be updated to work with Mavericks. Sorry about that, I thought they were ready for Mavericks.

On another note, if all your music is on your old PC in iTunes, you can use the "cloud" as a backup and storage. Then just download - recover it to your new Mac in iTunes. There are numerous articles which discuss how to do this. There's no point paying for an application when you can do the same thing for free. Get out your Google search and look for "How to transfer iTunes music from your PC to your Mac".
QUOTE Thanks
tzonline

Thank you! I will give that a try, appreciate the quick response.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Simple Dashboard Questions | iTunes and Panasonic DLNA »