google software update
    Hi, I'm new to Mac Forums (think I came here once when I first got my computer in 2009). I recently installed OSX Mavericks. The next day I got a pop up window " google software update would like to control this computer". I have no idea if this is a legit thing or whether to accept or deny. I haven't done either yet. P.S. there is a section below this that says send trackbacks to - no idea what this is. Thanks for any help

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by baja View Post
    Hi, I'm new to Mac Forums (think I came here once when I first got my computer in 2009).
    I'm not sure this is a great introduction! If you came here once back in 2009...how come you haven't been back since (we try to be very friendly here)!

Quote Originally Posted by baja View Post
    I recently installed OSX Mavericks. The next day I got a pop up window " google software update would like to control this computer". I have no idea if this is a legit thing or whether to accept or deny. I haven't done either yet. P.S. there is a section below this that says send trackbacks to - no idea what this is. Thanks for any help
    Doesn't sound very good to me. I'm wondering if something was downloaded that shouldn't have been (I'm talking before the Mavericks download).

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

google software update
    Hi Nick - not sure how to reply directly to your answer - looked on the internet (googled the pop up window sentence) and did find some mention of this - thought it might be due to changes made by OSX Mavericks that prompted the google software response. I thought maybe there might be more info here because Mavericks is new. I don't know much about computers/software so not really sure what I'm basing that on. As far as not appearing in mac forums for a while. I find the people were friendly but for the life of me find the site itself hard to understand/navigate. I emailed the "contact us" link to find out how to ask this question - Had no idea if I was supposed to start a conversation a thread or a discussion or which section to post it under etc etc etc. Thanks for replying so quickly

Specs:
    Imac 27" Retina 3.3GHz, 512GB Flash, 16GB memory, OS X.11.4.
    Nothing to do with Mavericks but maybe be something to do with a scam:-

https://support.google.com/answer/2952493?hl=en
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

google software update
    Thanks for the link harryb2448

Thread Information